"Merck Large Animal Award"

Started by Angelus9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Angelus9

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know what this actually is? I know it's awarded to a 4th-year student upon graduation, but what is it? Just a certificate, a plaque, a Merck Veterinary Manual....Anybody know?
 
I don't know anything if this is related, but those of us who graduated with a GPA of I think >3.5 were awarded a Merck Veterinary Manual with our name engraved on the front. This was not a large- or small-animal-specific award, though, so I dunno.
 
Anybody know what this actually is? I know it's awarded to a 4th-year student upon graduation, but what is it? Just a certificate, a plaque, a Merck Veterinary Manual....Anybody know?
It may just be an acknowledgement of achievement. Merck Award (Large Animal) reads as follows:

"Awarded annually to an outstanding student in the fourth-year class in academic achievement and potential."

I think there's something tangible associated with it, but whether it's a plaque or certificate or something else, I'm not sure.