Merck pharmaceutical sales rep Vs Cvs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmagirl1818

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m offered an interview for a position for entry level sales rep for Merck. Currently with cvs full time. It’s def a pay cut from 120 to 92k but of course much easier than retail. Not sure honestly, any advice? Don’t mind cvs too much but wanted to see if I can get my door in industry but I read reviews that they lay u off from previous workers at Merck....

Any advise?
 
If that 92K is base salary, you will make a lot more in bonuses, home office tax write off, no cell phone bill, company car, expense account etc...… Its a cool job! But if sales goals aren't being met, Things roll downhill really quickly. Its a sales job your doctors have to write your scripts! Overcoming objections and kissing @$$ is part of it. Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed. Our friend who is a rep has no car payment, no insurance, and no gas. That easily adds 5-600/month savings in just vehicle expenses alone. Plus a half day every Friday!
Scoop up the bucks at CVS while you can 'cause it may not last. My cousin was in a medical group that was getting inundated by detail dudes/dudettes..They tried limiting it to one day a week but it got so bad they banned them all together....The local hospitals route them to pharmacy, I am told..The old timer reps I run into won't even discuss the business...
 
I’m offered an interview for a position for entry level sales rep for Merck. Currently with cvs full time. It’s def a pay cut from 120 to 92k but of course much easier than retail. Not sure honestly, any advice? Don’t mind cvs too much but wanted to see if I can get my door in industry but I read reviews that they lay u off from previous workers at Merck....

Any advise?

Did you end up going the pharma sales rep route? I was considering that as well, interested in hearing your decision and how you came to it!