Merit-Based Scholarship Schools

Started by 277768
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2

277768

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What schools are commonly known for giving money? Either a partial scholarship or full scholarship tied to merit?

I hear Michigan, Vandy, Albert Einstein, etc.

Am I too marginal to be considered for money at a low-mid tier medical college if I do get in? Check my MDapps.

All opinions appreciated.
 
What schools are commonly known for giving money? Either a partial scholarship or full scholarship tied to merit?

I hear Michigan, Vandy, Albert Einstein, etc.

Am I too marginal to be considered for money at a low-mid tier medical college if I do get in? Check my MDapps.

All opinions appreciated.
you dont need to have a 38 mcat and a 4.0 for merit scholarships, they can choose to give them to whoever they want...some schools like michigan get a lot because they want to lure kids away from other top schools like UCSF. In general think of it this way, most large schools with big endowments are going to have more aid to offer (harvard, jhu, michigan, u chicago etc). So large top schools will generally have it, while other schools like EVMS or SLU or tufts persay will not have much aid to give out.
 
Agree with above post.

I know UChicago gives out merit scholarships - my friend got a 1/2 ride last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.