Merit Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question about merit scholarships; when I was interviewing, I spoke with a dean at the school and she printed out instructions on how to apply for a merit scholarship. She told me that I should apply and she thought I would be a good candidate. My question is, does everyone get to apply for these, or does the school only allow a select group of students apply? I felt really good after the dean told me that, it made me feel special....although if everyone gets to apply I guess it's not as great as I thought.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you not apply? What school is this for btw?

coops

Why would you not apply? What school is this for btw?

Don't get me wrong, I have every intention of applying. The program is geared toward academic medicine which is where I'm going anyway, so I'm pretty psyched. I was just asking if everyone has the opportunity to apply for things like these, or only a select few can. To answer your second question it was for U.Pitt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Zeke,

Yep, everyone can apply (as long as you're accepted). I'm going to apply for it too. Btw, did you get the e-mail asking you to apply? I got one, with the application attached, about 2 weeks ago.

- Quid

Nope, no email for me. The dean printed it out for me when I was interviewing with her. I was wondering about people applying because I couldnt find anything about it on their website.

Hey ZekeMD,

We interviewed on the same day at Pitt! Yeah, no email for me either. We did interview in late November, so it could just be that they haven't even gotten to our files yet. I believe that all accepted students can apply for Pitt's scholarship money. If I'm actually lucky enough for Pitt to take my sorry arse, I certainly plan applying for some of their overflowing funds. They give out some great merit scholarships.

To quideam: If they asked you to apply for the scholarship, it could be a subliminal indication of a future acceptance! How sweet would that be? :)

Good luck guys,

tf