MERP for Ross..worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverineX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

so I was "invited" to do the MERP for Ross starting in March. Before I make such an investment, Does anyone know:

How did you finance it?
were you able to consolidate any loans with school loans later?
what were your impressions? (hard, waste of time, etc. etc)
is it offered at any other time?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey wolverine may I ask what your mcat/gpa was?

Hey wolverine may I ask what your mcat/gpa was?

You must of had low scores to not even be accepted to Ross regular program. Is it work it, well how much do you want to go to Med School, and what is another 15K or so when your going to be spending 250K+

Members don't see this ad :)
You must of had low scores to not even be accepted to Ross regular program. Is it work it, well how much do you want to go to Med School, and what is another 15K or so when your going to be spending 250K+

I know many people that did merp. If Ross requires you to do it then it is well worth it. Those that came from the semester had a HUGE leg up. They had already been exposed to a lot of the hardest material that you will take your first year of school. Rumors are all over the place...but I had heard that nearly of 1/3 of the entering class has to do merp before they can start. Some would argue its a way Ross makes money. I would argue Ross gives people an opportunity to become a doctor, that they would not otherwise have had. There are many people who likely would not have made it through the basic sciences had they not done the merp...and that is supposed to be the purpose the program serves

MERP is worth it if you know that you need to brush up on your basic sciences. It is far worse to fall behind in med school and have to repeat a whole semester (which Ross makes you do) because you failed one class. MERP is one semester, 20k (roughly) that comes from private loans.

You know yourself and you should ask whether you are ready for the meat grinder known as Ross.