Mesiodens Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uvasag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My son has not been getting his permanent teeth. He is 8 and these are his upper front 4 teeth. The dentist last year took out his baby teeth but the permanent teeth are still not coming out. The same dentist took another x-ray and said he has a mesiodens which is blocking the permanent teeth from coming out. I have the picture of the x-ray. Can somebody look at it and give me an opinion ? I would really appreciate it. At this point my insurance won't cover a 2nd opinion from another dentist so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you do not trust the opinion of the dentist you saw, it is time to find another whom you do trust.

It's not a question of NOT trusting her. We just want a 2nd opinion before we put our child thru surgery.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not a question of NOT trusting her. We just want a 2nd opinion before we put our child thru surgery.

If you were serious about a second opinion you would not be seeking advice on a dental forum.

The price you would pay for a 2nd opinion would be worth it. It is a potential
surgical procedure and your child is worth it.

Hello,

My son has not been getting his permanent teeth. He is 8 and these are his upper front 4 teeth. The dentist last year took out his baby teeth but the permanent teeth are still not coming out. The same dentist took another x-ray and said he has a mesiodens which is blocking the permanent teeth from coming out. I have the picture of the x-ray. Can somebody look at it and give me an opinion ? I would really appreciate it. At this point my insurance won't cover a 2nd opinion from another dentist so any help would be greatly appreciated.
While I cannot comment on your son's case, it is not unusual for mesiodens to block the eruption of the permanent teeth. In some cases eruption happens normally, but in other cases it does not. Each case is different and you will not get anyone on this type of forum to give you a professional opinion without an examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.