Message from that Slacker: OldManDave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mille, you want the political ****, go to the private forum. If you don't want to join the private forum then your **** out of luck. Or is it that you can't get into the private forum? I don't know but the politics has killed this usually very informative forum and I can't watch it any longer.

If the med students want info on the political activities of the ASA they can join the ASA and then the private forum or they can go directly to the ASA website for their information.

First & foremost, I owe these forums a huge apology. I have been heavily distracted - my 3.5m/o daughter has some health issues & must undergo major surgery in the next couple of weeks. So, I ain't been around, but your kids come first.

Second, I think Noyac & Jet - :love: :laugh: dirty words & all :laugh: :love: - have hit upon an excellent idea. And, we are going to give it a try. Now, any changes will bring about dissent; however, this is the internet & it things don't work as well as we want, we can modify or even totally bag & reinvent anything we want to do. I wholeheartedly agree that this was once the BEST forum on SDN, which is why we went solo, but has suffered a significant slide in quality - much of that attributable to political bull$hit & endless pissing & moaning b/t CRNAs & Docs...were I to be a patient reading these forums, at times, it would have made my skin crawl to think the people placing the junior-high level bully-crap on these forums might actually be my or a loved one's anesth provider. So, next time, before you submit your post, take a moment to read & re-read it to see if it sends a representation of you that you are comfortable with - one that you would not one of your patients reading.

Third, one of the characteristics that made our forum so much better, in my humble opinion, is that the moderation crew did not rule with a heavy hand. We allowed spirited exchanges & discussion of controversial topics because they were germaine & important to our profession. However, that permissiveness has been taken advantage of by a small, but very opinionated & verbal subset that has led to the aforementioned degradation. As the moderation crew, it our responsbility to something we believe in & have worked hard to create and to fulfull our responsibility to you all to work to restore that lost integrity. Please be patient, supportive & communicate with us, the mods, while we work out the kinks. We welcome your assessment, constructive criticisms & suggestions for improvement. We DO NOT welcome whining, pissy comments or attempts at humor at others' expense.

We all thanks you in advance for the support I know you will provide.

OldManDave

Members don't see this ad.