Messaging Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaskandream

UC Davis c/o 2016!!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got 99 problems and messaging is 1...

I was just writing this to see if anyone has any ideas, tips, advice, etc. But whenever I try to send private messages, it only lets me send it to one person at a time. Right below where I put in the recipients usernames it says:

"you may send your message to up to 1 people at a time."

I've tried looking around in my setting to see if there is a setting I can change, but haven't had any luck. I messaged a tech person to see if they could help, but it's been a while now and I haven't received a response :(.

Hopefully someone else will know more and can send me on my way to a life without this Jay-Z song :D

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I wonder if it's because I joined more recently and they are changing limits. It's so annoying though haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know how I can do that? or do i just need more time :(

I think you have to post 100x? I forget. I became a senior member very quickly (and now look at me. 1k. Blerg)

But I'm not sure if that's what you need to do to pm multiple people.

Mine doesn't say anything there about limits, just tells me how to separate usernames.

Not sure if this says something good about me or bad....

Mine doesn't say anything there about limits, just tells me how to separate usernames.

Same here. It's probably related to account age somehow? I know I don't have a bajillion posts but have been around for quite a while now.

I don't see a post limit on mine, so it's probably not based on the number of posts, since ftb has more than I do.

Haha I'm gonna go with good, see they trust you :)

I'm like the kid that they put on a leash so I don't run off in Disneyland and get abducted :(

Yea maybe it's because I just joined last month. Hopefully I just need more time and it's not a permanent thing =(

I would say its probably not a permanent thing. I would guess that since you just joined last month that maybe the 1 limit thing might be to prevent mass spamming? I don't know? Hopefully it goes away soon. That must be annoying.

Contact the help desk about it. It's a link at the bottom of sdn

Yea I sent in a request last week :( They responded on the 5th and said they'd look into it and get back to me, but so far nothing :p oh technology...

In case anyone was curious :p this is what the help desk sent me (after a week haha)

In regards to your questions:
1) Reply all/multiple private messages: This is a limitation that is set on new members to combat spammers. Once you reach a minimum activity level, this restriction will be lifted.
2) Mailbox size: Mailbox size is limited to 25 messages for general members in order to control our server costs. Donors receive a larger PM mailbox (see http://forums.studentdoctor.net/payments.php for information on the donor mailbox sizes).

hopefully she'll reply soon with what that minimum limitation is haha

I'm not a donor and I can have more than a 100 PMs I think. I've deleted some, so I'm not completely sure, but at least 80.

I'm not a donor and have room for 250 both inbox and sent combined. But as I say this, my box is 98 % filled

Poor Alaska. Very handicapped in the WW game.

Wow that really stinks. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be in the WW.

Oh yea, I didn't even remember the sent. I've got a lot of room then. Haha

In case anyone was curious :p this is what the help desk sent me (after a week haha)

In regards to your questions:
1) Reply all/multiple private messages: This is a limitation that is set on new members to combat spammers. Once you reach a minimum activity level, this restriction will be lifted.
2) Mailbox size: Mailbox size is limited to 25 messages for general members in order to control our server costs. Donors receive a larger PM mailbox (see http://forums.studentdoctor.net/payments.php for information on the donor mailbox sizes).

hopefully she'll reply soon with what that minimum limitation is haha

It may have to do with how long you've been a member, too