Messed up CS note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skougess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking back on a few encounters from my CS I realize that I put information in my physical exam that I didn't completely 100% in the room. Like I put the cranial nerves were intact but I actually forgot to do 1 or 2 of them, but did the others. I've heard elsewhere that this is an auto fail on that station. Anyone else have an experience like this and do fine?

Members don't see this ad.

I have CS shortly, so I haven't taken it yet but no one really knows if there is such a thing as an auto fail
because no one has a score breakdown. I have heard people on here claiming to write down test they forgot to do occasionally and passing. I think it's more of a problem if you repeatedly put down major things you didn't do because then it looks more like you are intentionally lying to make your note look nicer. I think it's even less of a problem with CN because you have to test alot of nerves fast and I'm sure many people forget a step here or there without realizing. Also your memory as soon as you walk out of there is not going to be 100% and it will get less accurate as the days go by so you may be misremembering exactly what you did or didn't do.

I did that too a few times and unfortunately, it was just due to stress and pressure due to time constraints. It's hard to remember what you did exactly and then to write about it you are going to forget something or put something in the note that you actually did not check. I'm hoping my score will be released on June 20th (the next reporting period) so we will see how it goes. I am worried about that too and I didn't realize it until later that I did that. It was totally by accident and I can't imagine anyone would purposely fake a note.

In my case, I think part of the reason that happened to me was that I kept practicing typing notes and the format for each system. I hope they don't fail me because, for example, I put sensation intact and I actually didn't do that. This only happened once and I think this was one of the biggest mistakes and I seriously hope I don't fail because of it. :(

I think if they failed people that easily alot more people would fail. I'm sure many people at some point during the 8 hours of stress go on autopilot for a few things here or there or simply misremember parts of the 15 min encounter, Especially since you aren't recording the PE as its happening like the history

Reactions: 1 user
Just to update this for others in the same boat in the future: I passed CS comfortably with all stars above borderline in the ICE component. Stay strong, colleagues!

Reactions: 2 users