Messed up on the DAT with DATBootcamp, what should I use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyuXkoken

Reaction score
I took the DAT a few months ago and I didn't do as well as I wanted (18AA). I was scoring 18-23 on my DATBootcamp practice tests so I'm not happy with how everything turned out. I'm rescheduled to retake the DAT in August but I can't afford to spend $500 on Bootcamp again. So far I'm using PATBooster and DATDestroyer but I don't know what to use for RC. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't bother getting DATbootcamp again. It's simply not worth it if it didn't work the first time.

I used qvault's reading package and it helped me score a 21 on the actual test.

Reactions: 3 users
I took the DAT a few months ago and I didn't do as well as I wanted (18AA). I was scoring 18-23 on my DATBootcamp practice tests so I'm not happy with how everything turned out. I'm rescheduled to retake the DAT in August but I can't afford to spend $500 on Bootcamp again. So far I'm using PATBooster and DATDestroyer but I don't know what to use for RC. Any recommendations?
We post daily reading in our study group for free and you can also google and find resources to increase your speed and comprehension. No amount of timed test will accomplish that. Just try to read daily at the end of your studies just before you go to bed, you can read a book, newspaper, anything, just keep practicing and you will be surprised at how that can help.

Wishing you the best on the retake.

Nancy Steen, co/owner, Orgoman, DAT Destroyer

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really sorry to see that you are in this situation. But, with the DAT Destroyer and PAT Booster, it seems like you are on a great path now!

I would recommend checking out the DAT Destroyer Study Group Facebook Page. The best thing to do to prepare for the RC section, is to read all different kinds of topics. A few articles are posted daily, with a wide array of topics covered. Don't only pick the ones that interest you! Make sure you read them all!

Best of luck!

hey @RyuXkoken I feel you! when I took my DAT I scored a 19 AA when I consistently scored 21+ in my bc tests! So not worth it... the bc software is not representative of the real DAT and a waste of your money. You are on the right path by using destroyer (make sure you got the math destroyer as well). And as Dr. Romano mentioned.. if you read every day, then you won't really need to spend money on an additional software for the RC.

I also think the Destroyer + PATBooster + Destroyer study group are the best way to go. I took the first, free BC practice test close to when I started studying, and I felt that it was not at all representative of the actual DAT by a long shot. The Destroyer does not have questions that will show up on the DAT exactly, because those are very hard to predict. BUT, it does have any and all of the concepts and question types you could expect to find. Best of luck!

I also think the Destroyer + PATBooster + Destroyer study group are the best way to go. I took the first, free BC practice test close to when I started studying, and I felt that it was not at all representative of the actual DAT by a long shot. The Destroyer does not have questions that will show up on the DAT exactly, because those are very hard to predict. BUT, it does have any and all of the concepts and question types you could expect to find. Best of luck!

I have agree with most people here. The best way to go is DATDestroyer + PATBooster. Just be careful not to lose focus on spending more time reviewing content than doing practice tests (mistake most people make). Good luck!

xoxo

Use chads website "chads prep" it's 10 DOLLARS A MONTH and is amazing for GC and OC. Plus he updates it just about everyday. He also has a website "defeat the dat" which is not updated anymore but it is free and more tailored for the DAT. For chem, you cannot beat Chad, I used both websites for orgo and gen chem to score 24 and 23 respectively. For BIO I used feralis notes, bootcamps notes (basically feralis), and cliffs, all free i believe. Add this into what you are already doing and you'll kill it.

I also used bootcamp for PAT and RC and biology from destroyer to but think I would have done fine without it. IMO bootcamp is the most comprehensive and convenient but you can totally supplement.