Program-Specific Info / Q's Messiah College MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAOT19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted to Messiah College MOT program starting in July? I know we will be the first cohort in the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @PAOT19 , I was accepted as well! I have not paid the deposit yet but I will soon, I was just wondering though, are you sure the program starts in July and not May?

See you there this summer!

Hi @PAOT19 , I was accepted as well! I have not paid the deposit yet but I will soon, I was just wondering though, are you sure the program starts in July and not May?

See you there this summer!
It starts July 3rd! I was just there yesterday for an informational meeting. Where are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have also been accepted and will be attending this summer! I'm just a little nervous about the fact that they aren't accredited yet, did they talk about it at the open house yesterday?

Hi, I have also been accepted and will be attending this summer! I'm just a little nervous about the fact that they aren't accredited yet, did they talk about it at the open house yesterday?
Yes. It seems like it won't be an issue. The AOTA has really been behind them and they have been clear Messiah is on the right path. The new facility was really beautiful. They are putting a lot of backing into the program clearly.

Yes. It seems like it won't be an issue. The AOTA has really been behind them and they have been clear Messiah is on the right path. The new facility was really beautiful. They are putting a lot of backing into the program clearly.
Okay cool, thank you! What else did they go over during the meeting? Did they talk about the class schedule over the summer at all?

If anyone has questions about the Mechanicsburg area, that is where I grew up, so just let me know and I'd be happy to help! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted!

Okay cool, thank you! What else did they go over during the meeting? Did they talk about the class schedule over the summer at all?
We start July 3rd go to I think August 24th and then start fall semester.

If anyone has questions about the Mechanicsburg area, that is where I grew up, so just let me know and I'd be happy to help! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted!
Where to find an apartment would be great! hahaha

It starts July 3rd! I was just there yesterday for an informational meeting. Where are you from?
Im actually from Las Vegas, NV! I've never been to Mechanicsburg so it would be awesome to get some locals opinions on good apartments! haha

I grew up in a neighborhood about 15 minutes away from Messiah's campus, and from my experience most, if not all of the apartments you'd be interested in off-campus would require you to drive. I also know that for undergrad, if you wanted to live off-campus you had to fill out an off-campus housing application; not sure what their policy is for graduate students but I'm sure they'll let you know that in your welcome packets. Any house/apartment in Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Dillsburg or Harrisburg would be a doable drive for you! (Harrisburg and Dillsburg would most likely be the farthest, but may still only be about 15/20 minutes depending on traffic). Hope this helps!

Hello!
I just received word today that I have been accepted. I am from Virginia and go to undergrad in WVA. I will be looking for an apartment and probably a roommate. I hear the Harrisburg is a good place to live. Has anyone started looking?

Hello!
I just received word today that I have been accepted. I am from Virginia and go to undergrad in WVA. I will be looking for an apartment and probably a roommate. I hear the Harrisburg is a good place to live. Has anyone started looking?

Hey, during one of the open houses in February I've looked at some apartments around the area and doing some more hunting on the Internet. It's a bit hard, especially not being from the area. If anyone is looking for roommates, pm me. Also there is a Facebook page for the first graduation class if no one knows about it yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, during one of the open houses in February I've looked at some apartments around the area and doing some more hunting on the Internet. It's a bit hard, especially not being from the area. If anyone is looking for roommates, pm me. Also there is a Facebook page for the first graduation class if no one knows about it yet.
what's the facebook called?!

Has anyone heard from messiah for the 2018 incoming class?

Has anyone heard from messiah for the 2018 incoming class?
I received an email saying my application was sent to the committee on Jan 16th, and they will start communicating decisions on Feb 5th.

They came out today. It sounds like a good place to be!:heckyeah:

I've been accepted too! Anyone planning on attending?

I got accepted too! Are you guys planning on attending? I am most likely attending

I will most likely be accepting! Do we have a facebook group?

I will most likely be accepting! Do we have a facebook group?
I looked on Facebook yesterday but only saw one for the class of 2019. Are you going to one of the accepted student days?

I will be at the accepted students day on the 24th! Someone should make a facebook page for this cohort :)

Anyone worried about accreditation? It seems to be fine and we are lot more fortunate in being the second class.

Is there a Facebook page for the messiah OT class of 2020 yet?

They mentioned one at the accepted students day, but I'm not seeing one.

Hi!
I recently got an invitation for an interview and was wondering if anyone could give some insight to know what to expect?
Is there anyone in the program that I could message about the program to know how they specifically like the program?
Would it be hard to go around campus without a car? I am not from the area, so I wouldn't be able to bring my car.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi!
I recently got an invitation for an interview and was wondering if anyone could give some insight to know what to expect?
Is there anyone in the program that I could message about the program to know how they specifically like the program?
Would it be hard to go around campus without a car? I am not from the area, so I wouldn't be able to bring my car.
I have an interview soon in Messiah College (in about a week). Could you share what types of questions you had?

I have an interview soon in Messiah College (in about a week). Could you share what types of questions you had?
What is your date of interview?
I got invited for interview at Messiah too

Nice to meet you guys! I have an interview coming up with Messiah College as well. I am on November 9th.

I think it went pretty good!

Glad to hear! I have an interview with them in December but don't know what to expect. I was offered the option of an online interview since I live out of state and can't make arrangements for flights on short notice so I won't be able to tour the campus and such. How was the campus tour and facilities?

Glad to hear! I have an interview with them in December but don't know what to expect. I was offered the option of an online interview since I live out of state and can't make arrangements for flights on short notice so I won't be able to tour the campus and such. How was the campus tour and facilities?
I love the facilities. They have a cadaver lab, and the place is beautiful.

Congratulations! When did you submit your application?

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! When did you submit your application?
Thanks! I don't remember exactly... I believe mid-late October. I took the GRE pretty late too and so the scores came in way later than when I submitted my application.

Hi nice to meet you guys. Did any of you hear anything from messiah College yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile