Meth Mouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiq

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch this on TLC? If so how do you think this will affect us a hopeful future dentist? I bet some of you guys have Meth Mouth:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Funny that you mention it. On my tour of Creighton, the student guide was telling me that he just finished a full-mouth denture for a 22yo meth addict. Can you imagine being 22 with no teeth of your own?! Sad, but it is something we'll most likely have exposure to.

Did anyone watch this on TLC? If so how do you think this will affect us a hopeful future dentist? I bet some of you guys have Meth Mouth:smuggrin:

Yes, I saw the show. I must say I was shocked at how meth damages the teeth. If meth use continues to grow, we'll have ALOT of patients to treat.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is pretty sad, but hey more money to us.

We had a Meth addict come into the office the other day...had decay on all but 2 of his teeth...but could have been much worse if he waited longer. I actually have the fmx's right next to me but I dont have a scanner to put em on the intraweb.

I watched that TLC episode, it's just sad to see people in that type of condition and especially having an uncontrolable urge for meth.