Methylphenidate for the poor, vs non-poor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, is phenazopyradine 200mg a generic?

Yup.

@sosoo doesn't understand that yes, ALL generics must have been AB rated at some point in time.

They can later lose that AB rating.

Members don't see this ad.

A) that info is not relevant. i've taken 3 licensing exams in 3 different states and they never mention or ask about it. so its pointless for me to look up that info.

B) the company email was not about AB rating. b/c that applies to both medicaid and non-medicaid alike. regardless if the individual is on Medicaid or not, a Bx rated product cannot be substituted. im upset b/c of any discriminatory behavior.
Sosoo.
Sweetiepie.

I'll repeat, you can't gaslight a thread, because your posts stay there.

You can't act like you've been doing the stuff we've taught you about the law all along.

are there more to this story than what's in the mail? Medicaid ppl are getting one version of methylphenidate, and we have to save that version for them. whereas the general public gets the other crappy version of methylphenidate that poor ppl don't even want. if they're paying zero, why are they so demanding? and is it legal to save the crappy version for the general public, and the better brand for Medicaid folks "only?" what's the real story behind this discriminatory behavior?

You clearly state in the OP that you've been breaking the law and giving the general pubic patients "crappy" Concerta.

It's Bright as day

Yup.

@sosoo doesn't understand that yes, ALL generics must have been AB rated at some point in time.

They can later lose that AB rating.
I believe that Pyridium was approved before dissolution testing was required so all phenazopyridine products have no baseline standard to which they could be compared and thus none have ever had an AB rating. So, again I ask, are those generics?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that Pyridium was approved before dissolution testing was required so all phenazopyridine products have no baseline standard to which they could be compared and thus none have ever had an AB rating. So, again I ask, are those generics?

Ohhh, you know what, you're right.

It got grandfathered in.
Who knows.

Ohhh, you know what, you're right.

It got grandfathered in.
Who knows.
I mean, in the case of phenazo, wouldn't the generic be the brand?

No idea. That's what I'm saying. I couldn't define "generic product" at this point. For "generic drug" it would probably be anything approved for sale via an ANDA, but I couldn't get any more specific than that, and it also doesn't really apply to anything from before the Hatch-Waxman Act.

Reactions: 1 users
.I'll repeat, you can't gaslight a thread, because your posts stay there.

You can't act like you've been doing the stuff we've taught you about the law all along.

i mentioned numerous times about the BX rating methylphenidate, from the beginning, so i obviously know what's interchangeable and what's not. who the hell knows about the AB rating and does not know that? u clearly have no sense of analysis. Also, the notification was sent out in the company email when the AB rating for it was revised.... and so no, u didn't teach anyone anything.... it should be made clear that all this info has been made clear for a number of years now. theres nothing new here.

i mentioned numerous times about the BX rating methylphenidate, from the beginning, so i obviously know what's interchangeable and what's not. who the hell knows about the AB rating and does not know that? u clearly have no sense of analysis. Also, the notification was sent out in the company email when the AB rating for it was revised.... and so no, u didn't teach anyone anything.... it should be made clear that all this info has been made clear for a number of years now. theres nothing new here.

Wait, so you're forcing all of those non Medicaid patients to take their prescriptions back to their doctors so the doctor can rewrite the prescription so it doesn't say Concerta?

Sosoo.
Sweetiepie.

I'll repeat, you can't gaslight a thread, because your posts stay there.

You clearly state in the OP that you've been breaking the law and giving the general pubic patients "crappy" Concerta.

It's Bright as day

I think you're taking her post out of context here. You know how some doctors write their script "concerta 54mg" and others write "methylphenidate ER 54mg", this is the primary decider here. If the script is written for concerta, you cannot sub the 'crappy' generic, but if it's written for methylphenidate ER, you can use whichever ndc you want.

The whole issue here seemed to revolve around what was said earlier, it's all about kickback's and who's gonna cost the state/insurer the least amount of money which is why they approve only certain NDC's, if you're on medicaid you shouldn't get to cherry pick which one you want, unless a doctor can do a PA as to why a certain NDC needs to be allowed.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you're taking her post out of context here. You know how some doctors write their script "concerta 54mg" and others write "methylphenidate ER 54mg", this is the primary decider here. If the script is written for concerta, you cannot sub the 'crappy' generic, but if it's written for methylphenidate ER, you can use whichever ndc you want.

The whole issue here seemed to revolve around what was said earlier, it's all about kickback's and who's gonna cost the state/insurer the least amount of money which is why they approve only certain NDC's, if you're on medicaid you shouldn't get to cherry pick which one you want, unless a doctor can do a PA as to why a certain NDC needs to be allowed.
I know Texas doctors.

They don't even take the time to write the date of birth; I don't think they're gonna write a 15 letter word plus ER instead of a 7 letter word.

I know Texas doctors.

They don't even take the time to write the date of birth; I don't think they're gonna write a 15 letter word plus ER instead of a 7 letter word.

Oh trust me lol, I know how lazy they can be too, I worked 4 years in retail and saw all sorts of crap, but I legit would say that it was maybe 60% concerta 40% methylphenidate as far as scripts would go. Hell, some of them I recall even had a stamper that just said "Methylphenidate ER ______mg" and they would just fill in the strength lol.

I think once Escribes started gaining popularity too I saw a huge increase in methylphenidate instead of concerta

Oh trust me lol, I know how lazy they can be too, I worked 4 years in retail and saw all sorts of crap, but I legit would say that it was maybe 60% concerta 40% methylphenidate as far as scripts would go. Hell, some of them I recall even had a stamper that just said "Methylphenidate ER ______mg" and they would just fill in the strength lol.

I've consulted with my superiors, and we agreed that your point is fair.

Lol

I wish we knew what "the company email" actually said so I didn't have to interpret sosoo's ramblings as to what's going on.

that is why i disagree when someone was saying "generic and AB rated are the same thing." because it is not. you have generic drugs that are "not" bioequivalent, but are still generic. so how can they be the same thing?

Why do you disagree with reality? Not all generic methylphenidate is generic to Concerta. BY DEFINITION, any generic methylphenidate *to* Concerta, is bioequivalent. As was pointed out up above, phenazopyridium is a generic drug, but it is NOT generic to pyridium (even though pyridium shares the same generic name and strength as the generic phenazopyridium. Generic drugs exist irrespective of brand name drugs, but to be a generic *to* a brand name drug, the drug must be bioequivalent.

And what are these 3 licensing exams that you passed? If you actually passed a real pharmacist test, they why are you still a pharmacy student? Passing a test to get your driver's license 3 times really adds nothing to your argument.