MGH Psych Residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fearisthemindkiller

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Like many of us, I'm trying to put together a rank list for Psychiatry residencies. I was lucky enough to get interviews at MGH, Brigham & Women's and Columbia. Trying to decide how to rank them.

Does anyone have a sense of how tough the work-life balance/call schedule is at MGH, and if it's worth moving to Boston for that program? Same goes for the others, though it sounds like they aren't as rigorous in terms of work hours.

It doesn't seem THAT important in psych to go to some fancy-name program because fellowships aren't as competitive as they are in other fields. But I would love to get training at a strong program, both personally and to keep doors open down the road.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys!

Like many of us, I'm trying to put together a rank list for Psychiatry residencies. I was lucky enough to get interviews at MGH, Brigham & Women's and Columbia. Trying to decide how to rank them.

Does anyone have a sense of how tough the work-life balance/call schedule is at MGH, and if it's worth moving to Boston for that program? Same goes for the others, though it sounds like they aren't as rigorous in terms of work hours.

It doesn't seem THAT important in psych to go to some fancy-name program because fellowships aren't as competitive as they are in other fields. But I would love to get training at a strong program, both personally and to keep doors open down the road.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!
how did you end up ranking them?