MGHIHP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTPTPT333

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard back from mgh/know when they start sending out decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied but haven't heard back. Looking at forums from past years it looks like they send out decisions in January but they have an open house in December for qualified applicants so they must send out those invites around October-November. During the virtual fair last month I asked whether or not getting invited to the open house meant we are being seriously considered but their reply makes it sound like literally everyone who met the minimum will be invited.

I applied but haven't heard back. Looking at forums from past years it looks like they send out decisions in January but they have an open house in December for qualified applicants so they must send out those invites around October-November. During the virtual fair last month I asked whether or not getting invited to the open house meant we are being seriously considered but their reply makes it sound like literally everyone who met the minimum will be invited.
I applied as well and haven't heard back. If invited to the open house are you going?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied as well and haven't heard back. If invited to the open house are you going?
I’ll attend if I’m invited. I live close enough so there’s really no down side to going for me.

I’ll attend if I’m invited. I live close enough so there’s really no down side to going for me.
Yeah I live in NYC so I think I will too and try to put a face to my application

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone else who applied received an email about getting invited to attend an open house on Dec 2. I understand attendance has nothing to do with acceptance but I can't help but feel like this is the perfect opportunity to help your name stand out since they don't do interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
My understanding was that they don't do interviews, but does anyone know what attending the open house does for the application, if anything? What else goes into MGHIHP's review of candidates after the open house stage and does anyone know what percentage of people who are invited to the open house are accepted?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
My understanding was that they don't do interviews, but does anyone know what attending the open house does for the application, if anything? What else goes into MGHIHP's review of candidates after the open house stage and does anyone know what percentage of people who are invited to the open house are accepted?

According to the email it says attendance carries no weight on acceptance. But I still believe in human nature that if someone left a lasting impression on you, you'll remember their name on paper. Since I'm located in NYC it's not much of a problem on my end to attend.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I agree that putting a face with a name on an application is important. I'm also curious about what their next steps are.

I went last year. There is no interaction with the faculty and staff. It is solely an information session and a tour on campus. If you’re not from around here, I wouldn’t waste your time.

I went last year. There is no interaction with the faculty and staff. It is solely an information session and a tour on campus. If you’re not from around here, I wouldn’t waste your time.
You went to the invite only open house last year and there was no interaction with faculty or students? What was the format for the open house like?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone needs a place to stay while attending the MGH IHP open house you're more than welcome to message me

If anyone needs a place to stay while attending the MGH IHP open house you're more than welcome to message me
Did you attend the open house last year? If so, what was it like? Also do you know if we should have received an additional confirmation from MGH IHP other than that Eventbrite confirmation?

Did you attend the open house last year? If so, what was it like? Also do you know if we should have received an additional confirmation from MGH IHP other than that Eventbrite confirmation?
im going to the open house this year and all i received was the eventbrite confirmation.

I'm also going to be at the open house. I was planning on wearing a suit, but realized that could leave me a little over-dressed. What are you all wearing?

ha ha no worries im wearing a suit as well.
on a side ote does anyone know if we have access to the school's parking lot ???

ha ha no worries im wearing a suit as well.
on a side ote does anyone know if we have access to the school's parking lot ???
Haha okay good thanks! I'm not sure about the school parking lot, but I lived in Charlestown for the past year and you can park anywhere in that area for free on the weekends.

Haha okay good thanks! I'm not sure about the school parking lot, but I lived in Charlestown for the past year and you can park anywhere in that area for free on the weekends.
oh wow really thanks for that info I was going to pay 20 bucks at a parking alot for the day!

Currently watching live stream for Open House. Anyone else watching currently?

I just made it to Boston. Drove from NYC going to attend the 12:30 session

Anyone remember from Open House when we're supposed to find out about decisions?

They said late December, so I'm not holding my breath just yet

Last edited: