MGMA Salary Data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildcats9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a job interview coming up and was curious as to what numbers were reasonable to negotiate with or any things i should make sure to ask about? Its a shame they dont teach us this in medical school/residency/fellowship. Also, I will be in the southwest. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, i have a job interview coming up and was curious as to what numbers were reasonable to negotiate with or any things i should make sure to ask about? Its a shame they dont teach us this in medical school/residency/fellowship. Also, I will be in the southwest. Thanks
Make sure you understand the difference between salary and total compensation. Make sure you understand the overhead of the practice when reviewing wRVU rates.

Make sure you understand the difference between salary and total compensation. Make sure you understand the overhead of the practice when reviewing wRVU rates.
Ok, thanks for the response. I was also just trying to look for actual salary and compensation numbers for the southwest so I know a range of where to go from. Also, correct me if I'm wrong total compensation includes salary, medical insurance, malpractice insurance and retirement?

Thanks for sharing this information!
Any info on east coast regions?

Reactions: 1 user