Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
none
Status
The only way to type the miami secondary is to make copies and type on those...is that acceptable? Perhaps I could make copies, and turn it in with the original document they sent me, with the original hand-written in? Why do they have to make it so damn hard to fill out!? err

bruinmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2001
New York
Status
well,

I handwrote mine very carefully. And I received an interview a month later. So don't think it makes a difference. Just be neat and you're good to go.

good luck

Jumpu

Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 6, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Well I kind of typed it. I typed my responses on the computer, then printed it out separately roughly to make sure it would physically fit in the space provided. Then printed out a final copy, used an xacto (sp?) paper cutter and used a glue stick to paste the responses on the supplementary. It looked nearly flawless, as though I had typed them on directly.

About the Ads

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Tampa, FL
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I did the same thing as Jumpu, it came out quite nice too, though I wasted lots of paper making sure that it would fit right on my practice runs.

CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2002
New York, NY
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I printed out directly onto the application, however, I had to do it twice bc my printer (literally) ate the first attempt when I only had one essay left to print out. That said and done, I asked them for another app and they were happy to send it (I hope). Though I still have yet to hear anything from them. Has anyone else received confirmation of completion, ie. a postcard, email etc.? I think they are the only school I have yet to hear from on that.

Gracias,
-CT

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
  1. Dentist
I called them and told them that the secondary was simply too time consuming to fill out, and Deborah told me that I could just tell them the information while I was there in person at an interview! I told Deborah that I would have to respectfully decline the interview offer -- I simply was calling to let them know that the secondary is ridiculous! :)

Jumpu

Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 6, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I did that for the short answer sections and the essay parts. The parts that required name and other short one line bio info I handwrote *very neatly*. I know, its shocking, but for me that was the best way to go.;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads