Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Miami Secondary: Type or not typed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Blitzkrieg, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

The only way to type the miami secondary is to make copies and type on those...is that acceptable? Perhaps I could make copies, and turn it in with the original document they sent me, with the original hand-written in? Why do they have to make it so damn hard to fill out!? err

2. bruinmojo

bruinmojo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well,

I handwrote mine very carefully. And I received an interview a month later. So don't think it makes a difference. Just be neat and you're good to go.

good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jumpu

Jumpu Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well I kind of typed it. I typed my responses on the computer, then printed it out separately roughly to make sure it would physically fit in the space provided. Then printed out a final copy, used an xacto (sp?) paper cutter and used a glue stick to paste the responses on the supplementary. It looked nearly flawless, as though I had typed them on directly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did the same thing as Jumpu, it came out quite nice too, though I wasted lots of paper making sure that it would fit right on my practice runs.

5. CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I printed out directly onto the application, however, I had to do it twice bc my printer (literally) ate the first attempt when I only had one essay left to print out. That said and done, I asked them for another app and they were happy to send it (I hope). Though I still have yet to hear anything from them. Has anyone else received confirmation of completion, ie. a postcard, email etc.? I think they are the only school I have yet to hear from on that.

Gracias,
    -CT

6. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I called them and told them that the secondary was simply too time consuming to fill out, and Deborah told me that I could just tell them the information while I was there in person at an interview! I told Deborah that I would have to respectfully decline the interview offer -- I simply was calling to let them know that the secondary is ridiculous! :)

7. lady bug

7+ Year Member

jumpu and solidgold,
    did you do that for the whole secondary or just the essay part?

8. Jumpu

Jumpu Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did that for the short answer sections and the essay parts. The parts that required name and other short one line bio info I handwrote *very neatly*. I know, its shocking, but for me that was the best way to go.;)