1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Miami Secondary: Type or not typed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Blitzkrieg, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

The only way to type the miami secondary is to make copies and type on those...is that acceptable? Perhaps I could make copies, and turn it in with the original document they sent me, with the original hand-written in? Why do they have to make it so damn hard to fill out!? err

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bruinmojo

bruinmojo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well,

I handwrote mine very carefully. And I received an interview a month later. So don't think it makes a difference. Just be neat and you're good to go.

good luck

4. Jumpu

Jumpu Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well I kind of typed it. I typed my responses on the computer, then printed it out separately roughly to make sure it would physically fit in the space provided. Then printed out a final copy, used an xacto (sp?) paper cutter and used a glue stick to paste the responses on the supplementary. It looked nearly flawless, as though I had typed them on directly.

5. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did the same thing as Jumpu, it came out quite nice too, though I wasted lots of paper making sure that it would fit right on my practice runs.

6. CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I printed out directly onto the application, however, I had to do it twice bc my printer (literally) ate the first attempt when I only had one essay left to print out. That said and done, I asked them for another app and they were happy to send it (I hope). Though I still have yet to hear anything from them. Has anyone else received confirmation of completion, ie. a postcard, email etc.? I think they are the only school I have yet to hear from on that.

Gracias,
    -CT

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I called them and told them that the secondary was simply too time consuming to fill out, and Deborah told me that I could just tell them the information while I was there in person at an interview! I told Deborah that I would have to respectfully decline the interview offer -- I simply was calling to let them know that the secondary is ridiculous! :)

8. lady bug

7+ Year Member

jumpu and solidgold,
    did you do that for the whole secondary or just the essay part?

9. Jumpu

Jumpu Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did that for the short answer sections and the essay parts. The parts that required name and other short one line bio info I handwrote *very neatly*. I know, its shocking, but for me that was the best way to go.;)