Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
due to severe lack of $, I havent been able to send in miami..I got it nearly 2 months ago...

is this going to kill me? They have a "3 week deadline"....

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
due to severe lack of $, I havent been able to send in miami..I got it nearly 2 months ago...

is this going to kill me? They have a "3 week deadline"....
Save your money.

Why would anyone want to go to a humid, sweltering, sometimes swampy, always insect-infested hole-in-the-wall? It's not like any of the schools there are highly ranked or even in the Top 40 for that matter.

Eeeek. Florida for four years? :eek:

You're better off without...

that wasn't the question..will they accept my application? :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

please, can a miami student answer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office because I've had mine's for over 2-3 weeks also. They said that they still accept it later than that. I guess the deadline is just to get ppl to submit things earlier.

Hello, guys, I was stupid enough to submit my amcas appl. pretty late - 3rd of Sept., so I did not get a secondary from Miami yet, although I am expecting it. Do you mind sharing the essay questions from it or some format, so I will be prepared for when it comes. I hope it does not come off arrogant, I would love to share as much info as possible. Hopefully this year we will have the same kind of support from each other as the last year Florida schools applicants?!!! Love, Val.:love:

sure val...spacing is a bit off, but there is enough room to handwrite about 10 lines on the computer..around 100 words per short, and the two narratives have plenty of space. 1/2 page each.

MIAMI SECONDARY

Briefly describe your non-science, non-medical experiences and activities in the spaces below. Where appropriate, include dates and length of time of your involvement. Do not attach additional pages or send a resume and do not send examples of your work or photocopies of awards or recognition that you have received.

Community Work (organized activities performed for the benefit of the community)

Employment (work experiences during the past five years that have been unrelated to science or healthcare)

Counseling/teaching/leadership (activities as a leader, organizer, counselor, advisor, or teacher)

Fine Arts (activities involving dance, drama, music, art, photography, etc)

Sports (organized team sports or recreational activities that you play, watch, or follow)

Journalism (activities in which you served as a writer or editor)

Travel (describe your most memorable travel experience)

Hobbies (what do you do/collect for fun and relaxation)

NARRATIVE ONE

Briefly describe the one healthcare experience you have had that most significantly influenced your decision to study medicine. Do not attach or simply copy information from your personal statement in your AMCAS application. Limit your answer to this space.

NARRATIVE TWO

Why do you want to study medicine at the University of Miami School of Medicine? Be as specific as possible and limit your response to this space.

Originally posted by ScreamingTreesRule
Save your money.

Why would anyone want to go to a humid, sweltering, sometimes swampy, always insect-infested hole-in-the-wall? It's not like any of the schools there are highly ranked or even in the Top 40 for that matter.

Personally, I think FL's weather is great after living in NY and Boston for 14 years....I don't have to worry about freezing rain and snow and slush and gray skies everyday. I just put on shorts and a tank top and go to class. :) I LOVE it here :D

Blitz, you should still send it in since you're a FL resident (You have a good shot) :)

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
Personally, I think FL's weather is great after living in NY and Boston for 14 years....I don't have to worry about freezing rain and snow and slush and gray skies everyday. I just put on shorts and a tank top and go to class. :) I LOVE it here :D

Blitz, you should still send it in since you're a FL resident (You have a good shot) :)

I agree Foxy..FL rules!

I called, and they said that it was fine..just a "guideline", and not hard and fast at all...Sending in all the florida schools on monday.......when should I expect interviews?

I just wanted to thank Blitkrieg for the info. The site was down, so I could not thanks you earlier, but it is well appretiated. It looks like they want very short essays , which is great.
And I too love the Florida weather!!!!:love: I will catch up with the fellow Florida applicants if any new developments present themselves.

Save your money.

Are you a complete ***** or do you just impersonate one on SDN? First off, you can't possibly live here since your decription is one of Louisiana and not South Florida. Yesterday, for example you ignoramous, it was 88 with a 10mph breeze and partly cloudy.

Its not like we actually need people like YOU here anyway. We have enough stupid people who can't vote. Don't come here. You'll just make rush hour worse. *****.

roflol!

show that FL wannabe where it's at!

Miami, please pick me!