mich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrew_still200

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Michigan? like work hours and what usmle scores you might need?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I remember on the interview they had good hours. Both pre and post call days are spent in the PACU. I think they had a good call schedule as well. It's a pretty awesome facility that they have there, I was impressed with everything from the residents to the staff to the environment. As far as Board scores, I will just say that I don't think they use cutoffs but they attract people from all over the country and get competitive applicants. Realize also though that they have a HUGE program in terms of size so they invite a lot of people to interview. I'm sure that some 'big city' people automatically cross it off their list when they visit just due to the size of Ann Arbor. Overall it's a great program and I would definately apply and check it out.

Pre and Post call days in the PACU? I thought most programs gave the post-call person the day off. Spending the pre-call day in the PACU would seem to cost you quite a bit of clinical time as well.

Is this something that is common at other programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the website scutwork.com. It's really helpful.

The residents get their post call days off and then are in the PACU on their post - post call days. They do lines, blocks, IV's, etc. Anyhow, just thought I would clarify.