Michigan 2019

Started by usdoc9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an interview rejection today.
My GPA is 3.8, TOEFL 108, NBDE 1,2 cleared in 1st attempt, US Dental Shadowing experience of 2.5 months, Masters in Dentistry, a number of CDE Programs & work experience of many years in my home country without any gap.
Just wondering if Michigan actually invites international students living in their respective countries or only considers US Citizens/Green card holders/people residing in the US?
Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
 
Wow you have a great curriculum, it’s a bummer they didn’t select you, there is more opportunities ahead so keep up your spirits. To tell you the truth I did read that there is a certain tendency to select candidates with already arranged immigration status but it was one university so I don’t think all of them are the same.
Yes, thanks. Good Luck to you too!
 
I received an interview rejection today.
My GPA is 3.8, TOEFL 108, NBDE 1,2 cleared in 1st attempt, US Dental Shadowing experience of 2.5 months, Masters in Dentistry, a number of CDE Programs & work experience of many years in my home country without any gap.
Just wondering if Michigan actually invites international students living in their respective countries or only considers US Citizens/Green card holders/people residing in the US?
Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
Hello!
Could you tell me from where did you convert your grades from your home country to the US grading system to calculate your GPA accurate? is it from Scholaro Grade Conversion ? Also which is you country and what was the most common grade in your diploma?
Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
I received an interview rejection today.
My GPA is 3.8, TOEFL 108, NBDE 1,2 cleared in 1st attempt, US Dental Shadowing experience of 2.5 months, Masters in Dentistry, a number of CDE Programs & work experience of many years in my home country without any gap.
Just wondering if Michigan actually invites international students living in their respective countries or only considers US Citizens/Green card holders/people residing in the US?
Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
As far as I can tell, your CV looks as strong as it an be. Congratulations. No idea from what University and country you come from, but I don't think it has any big influence on the decision. Actually, I know some people in Michigan who got there in less favourable conditions. Keep in mind that they are very selective and they work as a team. I mention it, because I think you should visit them at some point, so they can know you a little, before applying again for next cycle. Don't give up. Cheers.