xDent09

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2008
Status
I was wondering how man in state applicants for mercy and UFM? please tell so we can count the number of In state applicants!

hattrack04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2007
Status
I was wondering how man in state applicants for mercy and UFM? please tell so we can count the number of In state applicants!
I know for UofM that there are way more out-of-state applicants than in state. Not sure about the exact numbers though....

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know for UofM that there are way more out-of-state applicants than in state. Not sure about the exact numbers though....
For the class of 2010…

UofM: 63 in state / 42 out of state
Detroit Mercy: 52 in state / 26 out of state
(All numbers taken from the 45th edition of the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, which once again is displayed on www.predents.com)

Dracord

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I believe he was wondering out of the 2000 or so applications, how many are in state vs out of state? Which is doesn't mention on predents

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I believe he was wondering out of the 2000 or so applications, how many are in state vs out of state? Which is doesn't mention on predents
Well that stuff may be published in the ADEA guide, but I’ll have to check once I get home (I know they do have a breakdown of male vs female and race of applicants to each school). The other options would be to call the schools and ask, or….

www.predents.com

That’s about the largest sample size we can get access to. Using the search feature one could get a ballpark percentage breakdown of instate vs out of state applicants to the two schools in question.