Michigan Info...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Michigan sends out interview notices or the acceptance/rejection letters?

It's the only school I haven't been able to find the info for online.

Members don't see this ad.

supplementals came out mid Nov to early Dec and acceptances/waitlists came out mid to late Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my Michigan acceptance letter on January 30th, which was shocking since they told us not to expect anything until March. As others have already mentioned I'm pretty sure they continued sending out acceptances into February. I don't remember exactly when I got my supplemental, but I remember for sure that it was due on December 22nd - so I probably got it sometime the week before that (right in the middle of finals and right before my Ohio State interview - fun times!). I remember some other SDN applicants getting their supplementals WAY before I did (like early november-ish) so with no word from them by Thanksgiving I had totally written Michigan off. They were definitely full of surprises, haha (umm including OOS tuition price tag which I had foolishly neglected to look at until after I was accepted - I know all schools are expensive for OOS but holy smokes).

I got mine end of Jan, too. They accept in batches - one group of accepted people hears really early, then a long delay, then everyone else hears back.

I got mine end of Jan, too. They accept in batches - one group of accepted people hears really early, then a long delay, then everyone else hears back.

This.

They also do that for supplementals. I'm pretty sure I got my supplemental at the end of October, and they didn't really send anymore out until mid-late December.

I got my acceptance letter March 3rd, but I know the first batch went out January 29th-ish (I remember because it was my birthday weekend and I saw people on SDN getting letters, and I hoped I got mine because I wanted the best birthday present ever...alas.)