Michigan Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zayna06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Michigan is offering dates later than Nov. 18th for interviews? I received a letter from them Oct 25th that said I was scheduled for an interview on Oct 28th, but I couldn't make it on such short notice. When I called the school the woman I spoke to said the only other date they are offering interviews is Nov 18th. It seems odd that they would not schedule any interviews after Dec. 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

Zayna06 said:
Does anyone know if Michigan is offering dates later than Nov. 18th for interviews? I received a letter from them Oct 25th that said I was scheduled for an interview on Oct 28th, but I couldn't make it on such short notice. When I called the school the woman I spoke to said the only other date they are offering interviews is Nov 18th. It seems odd that they would not schedule any interviews after Dec. 1st.

My interview was scheduled on Nov 18th at first, but I postponed it to January 20th. The woman told me that Dec. 1st is the last interview day in 2005 and Jan. 20th is the first interview day in 2006.

When I canceled Nov.18th one, the woman told me to call back in few weeks for rescheduling the interview because they were not scheduling interviews for 2006. So I had to contact them few weeks later. If you call them again, you will be able to reschedule your interview.

fox0399 said:
My interview was scheduled on Nov 18th at first, but I postponed it to January 20th. The woman told me that Dec. 1st is the last interview day in 2005 and Jan. 20th is the first interview day in 2006.

When I canceled Nov.18th one, the woman told me to call back in few weeks for rescheduling the interview because they were not scheduling interviews for 2006. So I had to contact them few weeks later. If you call them again, you will be able to reschedule your interview.

weird...I have an interview scheduled on Dec. 2nd. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
honeywell said:
weird...I have an interview scheduled on Dec. 2nd. :scared:
mine's sched for dec. 2nd too...but i don't think i can make it...gotta resched too. >_< GUD LUCK everyone!

Zayna06 said:

Just wondering... why would you rather take an alternate spot interview after Dec. 1st than the one they offered you on the 18th? If you have another interview lined up for the 18th, then I understand... but otherwise...

-D

For anyone who intends on being seriously considered at the Michigan School of Dentistry, my advice to you would be to accept the earliest possible invitation for an interview (time and schedule permitting). The reason behind this is based on stuff I have heard about the school. Rumor has it that Michigan pretty much knows who is attending the school by December 1st. Any future interviews will be due to people turning their acceptance down. Also, as time progresses, interviews tend to be tougher, with a larger talent pool applying for a selective number of positions. Just something I thought might help. Please do not take it the wrong way.

thanks for the tip, Dr. Parm!

Anyone have any feedback from the interview?

fox0399 said:

Oh, I meant Dec. 2nd, not Dec 1st. Sorry guys.