Michigan Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brushandfloss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Any pointers on the Michigan interview? What is it like?

Members don't see this ad.

very cold, so bring a coat

besides that, you can't really prepare for the multiple mini interview.
just be honest and open about your answers, and be prepared to speak for about 5-7 minutes.
the staff are really friendly, so you don't have much to worry about

very cold, so bring a coat

besides that, you can't really prepare for the multiple mini interview.
just be honest and open about your answers, and be prepared to speak for about 5-7 minutes.
the staff are really friendly, so you don't have much to worry about

Sweet! Thanks! How many mini interviews are there?

Members don't see this ad :)
There were 10 stations I believe? Where you spoke for 8 minutes each. They have a sheet of paper at each station with a question or scenario (this was nice, so if you needed more time to think, you could just pretend you were still reading haha), and after you're done reading, you discuss it with the person (some were faculty, drs, students..). It was really laid back, and I don't think they care too much about what stance you choose (as long as you're within reason) as long as you show that you have thought it out.. it's always good to go through your thought process with them.

I thought it was kind of fun. It's like speed dating... you get to talk to 10 different people. Some of the scenarios are really thought-provoking and I think they are just really looking for your thought process. You don't need much outside knowledge about the issues in dentistry (although it probably does help to have an understanding of them), since the scenarios give you the information you need to give an answer.

Dont trip about the topic u will get. Some are even unrelated to dentistry. 2 out of 10 stations were I think adcoms who you will get a chance to explain things that are not really emphasized in ur app. It was def a unique process but I got worn out around 6 out of 10 station. Take in a bottle or two cuz u will be talking alot and there's like 2 to 3 min between stations for u to take a break.