Pros:
  • better chance of specializing
  • fun city
  • P/F
  • attendance isn't mandatory
Cons:
  • 130k more expensive
Summary:
The cons for both of them are that they are far from home and cold. I would love to specialize! I will be taking out a loan for tuition only (do not need to take out a loan for food and rent). So the difference between the two ends up being 130k. Is the difference worth it if I know that I want to specialize for sure? I understand that the ivy name does not make a difference when applying for specialty but does pass or fail make that big of a difference?

Also if anyone could comment on how the new dean at UPenn is and how are the new changes?

Aug 16, 2018
UMich (OOS)
Pros:
  • cheaper
  • better general dentist clinical exposure
Cons:
  • graded
  • mandatory attendance
  • under construction
School 2: U Penn
Pros:
  • better chance of specializing
  • fun city
  • P/F
  • attendance isn't mandatory
Cons:
  • 130k more expensive
Summary:
The cons for both of them are that they are far from home and cold. I would love to specialize! I will be taking out a loan for tuition only (do not need to take out a loan for food and rent). So the difference between the two ends up being 130k. Is the difference worth it if I know that I want to specialize for sure? I understand that the ivy name does not make a difference when applying for specialty but does pass or fail make that big of a difference?

Also if anyone could comment on how the new dean at UPenn is and how are the new changes?
Michigan is a great school, and MUCH cheaper...

Reactions: lifeofpaula

Pablo Sanchez

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I go to Penn. I love Penn. Penn is not P/F, and no school is worth $130K more pre-interest than any other school. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Reactions: fermi555 and macsak
About the Ads

MGA100

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Go to Michigan and don't even think twice about it. You can specialize coming out of UMich and save an enormous amount of money.

Reactions: lifeofpaula

lifeofpaula

D1 @ UMich
Aug 25, 2018
Status
Dental Student
Go to Michigan and don't even think twice about it. You can specialize coming out of UMich and save an enormous amount of money.
think I am leaning towards Michigan

Reactions: MGA100

lifeofpaula

D1 @ UMich
Aug 25, 2018
Status
Dental Student
thank you all for your help!

Reactions: MGA100
About the Ads