Michigan Pre-Reqs

Started by BlueWolv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

B

BlueWolv

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not taken the required Micro, Psych, and Soc for Michigan yet. I already graduated and its gonna be about $6000 in loans to take these classes next semester. Im a Michigan resident and went to UM for undergrad, so I have seen the dental school and met some dental students. Everyone seems to like UM a lot and I think i would too. Unfortunately, I was late getting an LOR in and my app has just been completed a month ago. I called today and Tracy told me that they haven't even reviewed my app yet and that there are only two interview dates left (in January). I have decent stats: GPA 3.4 DAT 22/24/21. I also interviewed at Nova in Sept. and it went really well. I feel confident about getting in there and I also love the school, even though it is pricey. Bottom line: I would really like going to either of these schools. do I risk spending all this money on the extra pre-reqs for Michigan and wasting 4 months of my life when I might not even get in?
 
they're pre-reqs, so yes you have to take them. Also, how did you graduate UM without EVER taking a psych or soc class? I also went to Michigan as a non-LSA student and was still required to take multiple classes in the psych and soc department. I would wait until your file is reviewed and if you're a stong candidate they will interview you and only offer you an acceptance if you agree to take those classes.