-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan schools
Started by All4Michigan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Great. I did not apply to gvsu but applied to the others and received the same information. Glad we are in the same boat. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just heard the bad news from GVSU. Hoping to find out some reasoning, but we'll see.
Just heard from GVSU... Alternate list... 🙁
I was put on the alternate also for GVSU. But U of M Flint emailed me saying I am "competitive" and will hear about my decision by end of February?
Rejected by GV. But got the competitive for UM. February time cannot come soon enough. We are like kids in a candy store but told that nothing's on sale for months 😉.
Rejected by GV. But got the competitive for UM. February time cannot come soon enough. We are like kids in a candy store but told that nothing's on sale for months 😉.
They just felt like emailing us to tell us nothing...
They just felt like emailing us to tell us nothing...
Rejected from GV as well. It was worth a shot since I grew up in Kalamazoo and my mom lives in Lowell now. Since I'm an "out of stater" now they said that it would be unlikely that'd I'd get accepted because they typically only accept 2 - 3 out of staters. Disappointed but very optimistic about other programs! Best of luck and congrats to those accepted!
I heard from my friend that just graduated from GV that they have ridiculous GPA expectations from their applicants. When he applied, his friend had a 3.8, 1200 GRE, and a bunch of extracurriculars, and great LORs and they rejected him. So don't get your hopes down about other schools!
Last edited:
Has anyone heard from CMU yet?
Just heard they received all parts of my app but I've heard they don't contact until after the first of the year.
That's what I was wondering. Thanks.
Has anyone heard from CMU yet?
I received an email from CMU last week inviting me to an interview in February.
Also, not sure if anyone else applied, but today I heard back from Oakland University as well.
Applied to OU too. Thanks for the update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that I was accepted! Only problem is, they want a deposit by January 4th and I'm still waiting to hear from one more school...Spartyon,
What did you hear exactly from Oakland?
Thanks!
heard back from OU. This is my second year being rejected by them. I am an alumni from OU, and have been working in many physical therapy settings for more than 6 years. Yet they still deny me. Upset with their department, they don't even require any PT observation hours for their program, they are purely looking at GPA stats (and they only look at the PTCAS GPAs.)
I have met people who have gotten into their program who have absolutely no idea what to expect from this profession. So upsetting. I worked my a** off to raise my university GPA to a 3.5, but PTCAS does no justice for me in their calculations. Why are Michigan DPT programs so incredibly hard to get into?
I have met people who have gotten into their program who have absolutely no idea what to expect from this profession. So upsetting. I worked my a** off to raise my university GPA to a 3.5, but PTCAS does no justice for me in their calculations. Why are Michigan DPT programs so incredibly hard to get into?
heard back from OU. This is my second year being rejected by them. I am an alumni from OU, and have been working in many physical therapy settings for more than 6 years. Yet they still deny me. Upset with their department, they don't even require any PT observation hours for their program, they are purely looking at GPA stats (and they only look at the PTCAS GPAs.)
I have met people who have gotten into their program who have absolutely no idea what to expect from this profession. So upsetting. I worked my a** off to raise my university GPA to a 3.5, but PTCAS does no justice for me in their calculations. Why are Michigan DPT programs so incredibly hard to get into?
I was in a similar situation as you when it comes to retaking pre-requisites..I don't agree with some of these programs. Your grades in unrelated PT classes such as History Before 1877 and Ecosystem Biology (you know...those useless classes that have NOTHING to do with PT but yet you get horrible grades) will not make you a good physical therapist. It is your experiences in my opinion. Programs like GVSU, CMU and OU will only looks at you if your GPA is above a 3.7 and its not fair to the students who may have sacrificed their GPAs a little bit to get more hands on learning and experience. And UM - Flint will tell you this too! This is what they told me when I sat down with them during a school visit...thats why UM - Flint is my top choice..
However, as I stand right now, I was accepted at Andrews University fortunately and I am still waiting to hear from UM - Flint...
Schnell8,
I am also waiting for Um flint's decision. I also applied to a few other out of state schools. (Nyit (wait listed), Walsh university in Ohio, and have had interviews at Marshall university and an upcoming one at mount st Joseph in Cincinnati. But I would love to just stay in Michigan. Being rejected multiple times is draining & leaving me more discouraged.
I am also waiting for Um flint's decision. I also applied to a few other out of state schools. (Nyit (wait listed), Walsh university in Ohio, and have had interviews at Marshall university and an upcoming one at mount st Joseph in Cincinnati. But I would love to just stay in Michigan. Being rejected multiple times is draining & leaving me more discouraged.
Hello everyone! Not sure if anyone will look at this thread again since its from years ago....but I was looking for some advice on MI DPT schools. I have been accepted at Wayne State, Central Michigan (Houghton site), Grand Valley, and Oakland. I have pretty much narrowed it down to 3 schools since Wayne isn't really an ideal location in my opinion. All of the other schools seem to have similar stats and costs. Could anyone with inside knowledge give some advice?
hi everyone. i am looking for DPT program in Oakland university. could somebody tell me how is the program there? and what are requirements for admission to Dpt program for international student?