Michigan State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The secondary instructions is odd so I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

"Your secondary application will be completed when we have received all of the following items: Send your original plus two copies with completed secondary application (1-5)."

1. Personal Essay
2. Record of Nonacademic Experiences
3. Applicant Certification
4. Osteopathic Profession Survey
5. Statement of Past or Pending Disciplinary Actions

Are they saying we have to send three copies total of the secondary application? I wonder why... Am I understanding this correctly? Just want to make sure. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

That's exactly how I understand it. I will be sending out the three copies and paying my 85$ by the end of the week. I just hope that out of all of this I atleast get an interview! I would really like to attend MSUCOM. I just hope my entire application will pull me through! Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much you two! I'm filling them out on the computer. Hopefully I will get it done by the end of this week. This application is such a hassle. I hope everyone who manages to get the application in get an interview. If not, I hope us three will LOL. Good luck!

FutureDocDO said:
Thank you so much you two! I'm filling them out on the computer. Hopefully I will get it done by the end of this week. This application is such a hassle. I hope everyone who manages to get the application in get an interview. If not, I hope us three will LOL. Good luck!

I second that statement!

Yeah, I am sending off three copies as well. I agree that 2ndary was a bi*ch! As I was filling out their forms I was really wishing I could just send in a CV. So much reiteration of what's on AACOMAS. Oh well, and what's with the 2 week deadline? I don't have that kind of faith in my LOR writers.

I hope everyone who manages to complete and get it in time at least gets and interview, too.

The one thing about the MSUCOM app that I thought was nice was it wanted you to go back to high school... seems like they wanted a peek into your formation before college. Also, AACOM didn't leave enough room for all of my experiences, so MSUCOM was good for me. One LOR received so far, one to go. whoo-hoo!!!

Do we need to have our MCAT scores sent to MSU as part of our secondary? I am a little confused.

What is their deadline???

Jezzielin said:
What is their deadline???

The deadline depends on when they email you. It should be at the bottom of the email. I think you get a little over two weeks to send it back. If you can't get it back in time, you can ask for an extension. I don't know if this will negatively affect your application or not. (?)

trevak said:
Do we need to have our MCAT scores sent to MSU as part of our secondary? I am a little confused.

I don't think so.

Read #8 of the secondary application checklist.

What are the average MCAT scores/GPA for someone getting into MSU that is not in-state?

trevak said:
What are the average MCAT scores/GPA for someone getting into MSU that is not in-state?
I honestly don't know this, but for some information, I was accepted within two weeks of my interview. My MCAT was 10VR, 9PS, 10BS, and a 3.4-3.5 gpa. I'm a resident of California, so definitely out-of-state.
Hope this helps, best of luck!

FutureDocDO said:
The secondary instructions is odd so I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

"Your secondary application will be completed when we have received all of the following items: Send your original plus two copies with completed secondary application (1-5)."

1. Personal Essay
2. Record of Nonacademic Experiences
3. Applicant Certification
4. Osteopathic Profession Survey
5. Statement of Past or Pending Disciplinary Actions

Are they saying we have to send three copies total of the secondary application? I wonder why... Am I understanding this correctly? Just want to make sure. Thank you.

Are they asking for a copy of your criminal record in #5? If not, what are they asking for?

Dr.D-man said:
Are they asking for a copy of your criminal record in #5? If not, what are they asking for?

Somewhat. They have a form that asks you yes or no questions about pending/past disciplinary actions. If you answer yes you have to explain. Every school has one.