Michigan Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seaturtlegirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that Michigan State has updated my status page to "file review"...does anyone know what this means? Is this done for all applicants, or could it potentially be a good thing.....???

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that's a good thing! In order to get to the file review status you have to have made the minimal GPA and GRE requirements. I think MSU calls this the Scholastic Indicator Score. Again, I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works.

Quick question, when did you submit your application? Just curious because I haven't seen any updates on my MSU status page and I'm wondering if it has to do with when I applied.

Thanks!

HI RubyJoe!
I have to admit, I tend to put things off a lot...I submitted the supplemental the day it was due. I really hope this hasn't hurt me too much. But, I know two other people who have applied there - one sent her stuff in really early, and the other was the day it was due. As far as I know, they haven't had any updates either. I don't know for sure, but personally I think it seems like they update as they get to each application, but maybe someone else knows better?

I have been reading other posts, and people seem to have had interviews there already, so I'm not sure what's going on. :confused:

No news is good news as far as I'm concerned - I'm sure you'll hear something good really soon!:thumbup: One person I know who hasn't heard yet has really good stats, and already had an interview at Ohio, so don't be discouraged!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The file reviews depend on when you send in your VMCAS application. If you got it in before the rush during september and early october, they get you through the process faster. Right now, they are probably bogged down with all the applications so it takes a little while to process them for next interview sessions.

Yeah, they said at my interview that all of us there that day had submitted VMCAS before Sept. 15. You make it to file review if your Scholastic Indicator Score (grades, GRE) meet the mark. After file review that takes 3-5 weeks (maybe longer for this batch), you may get an interview invite. I think they mentioned something about doing another batch of interviews in Feb. so that might be a hint.

HI RubyJoe!
I have to admit, I tend to put things off a lot...I submitted the supplemental the day it was due. I really hope this hasn't hurt me too much. But, I know two other people who have applied there - one sent her stuff in really early, and the other was the day it was due. As far as I know, they haven't had any updates either. I don't know for sure, but personally I think it seems like they update as they get to each application, but maybe someone else knows better?

I have been reading other posts, and people seem to have had interviews there already, so I'm not sure what's going on. :confused:

No news is good news as far as I'm concerned - I'm sure you'll hear something good really soon!:thumbup: One person I know who hasn't heard yet has really good stats, and already had an interview at Ohio, so don't be discouraged!!!

Thanks for the encouragement (I really need it)!!! Good luck to you too :)

Yeah, they said at my interview that all of us there that day had submitted VMCAS before Sept. 15. You make it to file review if your Scholastic Indicator Score (grades, GRE) meet the mark. After file review that takes 3-5 weeks (maybe longer for this batch), you may get an interview invite. I think they mentioned something about doing another batch of interviews in Feb. so that might be a hint.

Thank you for the info :) Did they give you any indication of this year's minimum scholastic indicator score for GRE and grades? I assume they probably didn't, but it can't hurt to ask :)

I would think, they did not tell us during interviews, that if you are above a 3.0 and approximately around the 1150 or so GRE average, you will make a file review...especially if you are in state...They are interviewing 200 people and they said they had around 800 applications. There is a good shot anyway that you will have an interview...

Hi Mkata,
Okay good, this makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for helping me quiet my fears :)

Mkata,

Are you in-state or out of state? Are you waiting on others are you "finished"?

Jen

Hi Jen,

I am in state...waiting on cornell, penn, wisconsin, purdue, and edinburgh...are you in state?

kat

If it helps anyone, I submitted my application the week before the deadline and my file went under review on thursday 12/14 :)

If it helps anyone, I submitted my application the week before the deadline and my file went under review on thursday 12/14 :)

Submitted my VMCAS two days before deadline and completed the supplemental on 10/17. File went under review on 12/14 also.

Actually thought all files got reviewed..this is good..:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kat,

I'm out of state (Ohio) and waiting to hear from a bunch of others. We don't have to reply immediately, right?

Jen

nope, April 15th. did they talk to you guys about scholarships? i think they said during my interview that if we accept early, there is a greater chance of receiving part of a grant fund set aside for vet students...

Hey Everyone!
I applied to Michigan and haven't heard anything AND my status page hasn't changed. It doesn't even state that my file is under review. Is anybody else in the same boat? Just wondering...

when did you apply?

when did you apply?

I sent my VMCAS app 1 week before the deadline and my supp. was due on 10/11. I'm pretty sure that I've read that some people turned their app in closer to the deadline and their status page changed during dec. I'm out of state, not sure if that makes a difference??

Hi RubyJoe!
I submitted my application (out of state) just before the deadline. My status page went into file review on December 14, but another out of stater that I know went into file review about 2 weeks ago, and submitted their stuff around the same time as me. So, I think they are just going through the applications, and changing status pages on a rolling basis...of course, this is just a guess!

Hi RubyJoe!
I submitted my application (out of state) just before the deadline. My status page went into file review on December 14, but another out of stater that I know went into file review about 2 weeks ago, and submitted their stuff around the same time as me. So, I think they are just going through the applications, and changing status pages on a rolling basis...of course, this is just a guess!

Thanks for the info. Guess I just need to be a little more patient :(

Anybody hear anything yet? I've been on file review since 12/14, 3:13:35 PM :)

They must be reviewing a big stack of applications..

I received a e-mail to interview today.

I received a e-mail to interview today.

Congratulations! You must be so excited! When did your status page change to say that your file was under review?

interview invite via email for the 22nd

I am invited to an interview on 2/19

Way to go guys! :thumbup:

Hoping I'll get an email today too..

I'm not sure when my status changed, I haven't been checking it. Today was the first that I've heard from them.

Still haven't heard anything...since other people heard on monday, does this mean that i won't be getting an interview??? :scared:

I would think, they did not tell us during interviews, that if you are above a 3.0 and approximately around the 1150 or so GRE average, you will make a file review...especially if you are in state...They are interviewing 200 people and they said they had around 800 applications. There is a good shot anyway that you will have an interview...

Mkata, do you know if that was 200 people interviewed total, or just 200 people in that first round?

Thanks!

The said they were aiming to interview a maximum of 200 people. In my round (october), they interviewed 30 over two days.

In my round (Dec.) they said they were interviewing 37 that week. I'm not sure what the per day breakdown was, but I think there were about 12 my day.

Hey Everyone!
I applied to Michigan and haven't heard anything AND my status page hasn't changed. It doesn't even state that my file is under review. Is anybody else in the same boat? Just wondering...
I submitted my application (well it says recieved on 10/02) and my page hasnt changed yet. Does anybody know if the page changes to not reviewed if they dont want you or do you have to wait for a letter?

In my round (Dec.) they said they were interviewing 37 that week. I'm not sure what the per day breakdown was, but I think there were about 12 my day.
Wow 12 a day is not a lot of people. I think at the Tufts Interview there were at least 30-40 people there maybe more and at Penn interviews there are at least 20-30 people every friday.

I submitted my application (well it says recieved on 10/02) and my page hasnt changed yet. Does anybody know if the page changes to not reviewed if they dont want you or do you have to wait for a letter?

Hey Vetgirl,
Mine was received on 10/02 too and I still haven't heard anything either. I can't decide whether or not to email them and ask if I'm still in the running. I'm definitely not calling since the status page says not to call in all caps. Here are my too theories (for whatever its worth):
1. They probably received a lot of apps on 10/2 and are just sifting through them.
or
2. In my case, my academic score is right on the cut-off and they want to get through all the applications with really good stats first then come back to those who are on the borderline. Not that I'm saying yours are on the border - I'm just referring to my stats :)

But who knows!

Agreed....I think I'm on the border or "better then average in some areas but not exceptional" for a few schools....maybe I"ll wait a week and then if it gets to the end of February and nothing changes then I"ll e-mail and see. Good luck with your schools. Keep me posted. (Its always nice to know you arent the only one.)