Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

OBfan

Just wanted to get some feedback about the programs in Mich. Are they IMG friendly(U. Mich, wayne, henry ford, Mich state).

I have heard great things about some of the programs there and I have some family that lives there but I have also heard that people dont like going there because of the location.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

during my interviews at the following places here is what i saw in terms of FMG friendly programs.

Wayne State Unviersity and Henry Ford both take FMG's, University of michgian does too, but it seemed like a bit less

there are alsot he Michigan State University Programs with different locations
Kalamazoo location, predominantly consisted of FMG's. it is a good program with good facilities, and access to great experiences for training. people were very friendly there too. you must know that that program is extremely competitive because of the fact that they are FMG-friendly. They have only 4 spots, and interview only 44 approx...after receving about 800 plus interviews! that large of a number is big for some of the 16-spot programs

there is the MSU-East Lansing location. I liked kalamazoo better, kalamazoo seemed like a bigger program to me. but they to are fmg-friendly. i believe that there may also be a grand rapids program. I know that grand rapids in other specialties is very FMG-friendly

during my interviews at the following places here is what i saw in terms of FMG friendly programs.

Wayne State Unviersity and Henry Ford both take FMG's, University of michgian does too, but it seemed like a bit less

there are alsot he Michigan State University Programs with different locations
Kalamazoo location, predominantly consisted of FMG's. it is a good program with good facilities, and access to great experiences for training. people were very friendly there too. you must know that that program is extremely competitive because of the fact that they are FMG-friendly. They have only 4 spots, and interview only 44 approx...after receving about 800 plus interviews! that large of a number is big for some of the 16-spot programs

there is the MSU-East Lansing location. I liked kalamazoo better, kalamazoo seemed like a bigger program to me. but they to are fmg-friendly. i believe that there may also be a grand rapids program. I know that grand rapids in other specialties is very FMG-friendly

Thanks so much for the great feedback. When you mention competitive what do you mean specifically(board scores) or the entire package?
Thanks again and the best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)

Interviewed there as well, thought that it was a very solid program. Surprisingly, when I started my ROL, their quota was down to two positions, meaning that they have given out two prematches.

I don't know if the MI programs are rated there, but www.scutwork.com is a good resource to check out residencies on.