Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LilMissDrDoolittle

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question

Was anyone rejected from Mich MSTP AFTER receiving the invite to submit letters of rec? Are the chances of being interviewed pretty good if you are asked to submit letters of rec or is everyone asked to do that.

I still have not heard from them.
 
Originally posted by LilMissDrDoolittle:
•Are the chances of being interviewed pretty good if you are asked to submit letters of rec or is everyone asked to do that.•••

I'm in the same boat as you, but unfortunately I can't really answer your question. I do know that they only request letters of rec from about 25% of those they've asked for secondaries. Also, they keep their out-of-state numbers to about 20% so there are only 20 out-of-state spots available in each class.
 
Hey SMW - your 20% is for MSTP right? MSAR states that 81/171 matriculants last year for normal MD were out of state - close to 50%. Would you mind clarifying? Thanks, and take care.
 
I got an interview for Michigan MSTP, but declined it. I would think its rare to be rejected AFTER requesting letters of rec but pre-interview, at least for MSTP.

The MSTP places no emphasis on state residency. I think Michigan takes perhaps 8-12 MSTP students per year, but not postitive about that.