Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckmedmd

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will gladly give anyone insight into the U Mich program if so desired.

Late

Z

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has time to give some specifics about what they've learned about UM's program (nuts and bolts info like how they do their sign-out schedule, call, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated! I am debating whether or not to go out there in January (brrrr...) Gracias :)

In roon I (the main surgical room) You cut for 2 days then switch on the third day so you end up signing out the things the third day that you cut in the first day and so on. There is also a PA in the main surgical room. It is nice that things generally do not have to be signed out within 24 hrs. The biopsies are cut in by PA's and signed out within 24 hrs. Most of the places I interviewed had 24hr turnaround on almost all specimens so you were signingg out in AM, cutting in the afternoon them previewing either late PM or early AM signing then cutting again in the afternoon. I like the fact that UM gives you a day to preview.

More later....