michigan's vague requirement...help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, on Michigan's website, they said that they required 2 semester of biology. THey also said that only 1 can be biology, and the other zoology. Does this mean that I cannot satisfy this with biology I and biology II? Do i have to take biology I and a zoology class? What is a zoology class? anatomy? Is physiology a zoology class?

Members don't see this ad.

Biology 1 and 2 will satisfy the two biology classes (try to take the science major biology though, not the lower level "biology for english majors"). you'd have to call and confirm with them if you have a zoology class in mind if it would fulfill the prerequisite. at my undergrad, zoology was stuff like genetics, ecology, comparative anatomy.

Edit: oops, just read their website... it does say you can only have one biology class... they must have changed the requirements from last year. sorry...

zoology at my school was mostly taxonomy and classification of animals... :barf: very boring... if you dont have to take it, dont bother with it... you can prolly get the ecology stuff and some basic classification stuff with a bio1 and bio2

Members don't see this ad :)
i had this same confusion a while ago, we dont' offer zoology and i was nervous. they said so long as you fulfill the requirement--i was a biochem major so i had taken tons of bio classes.

when in doubt, call! they are very helpful and kind there.

thanx, guess i i will call in