Micro or Macroeconomics?

Started by kato3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kato3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! This might seem a bit off-topic compared to lot of the posts here, but I am a semester away from getting my bachelors, and I wanted to take an economics class for fun (I was thinking about taking Spanish initially, but the costs of the online materials drew me away from taking it). I thought that understanding more about economics will be important in physical therapy and in healthcare in general, so I'm wondering whether micro or macroeconomics will be more applicable as a future physical therapist? Thanks!
 
I have not taken any of these classes on the college level, but took AP Macro when I was in high school. I loved the class and the topic, but I don't really see how a college macro class would be applicable for the health care field. I can't really comment on micro since I didn't take the class, but that might end up as a better option.
 
Well, there is a course called Health Economics, and its prerequisite is the micro course I am taking currently, so I'm in agreement with you. Too bad I won't be able to take that class because I'm graduating this semester. :/