micro pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,
i never really understood micro pharm. i am trying to find an easy way to learn which antibiotics to use when. for ex, for a e coli infection, use blank. or for a strep infection, first choice is blank, second choice is blank, and so on. does anyone know a good way to learn all this? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Micro made ridiculously simple has an antibiotics section. I don't know how complete it is but if you like their style its definetly worth reading.

Hi, I agree with the above on micro made ridiculously easy, it was an easy read and had some images that were silly enough to help you remember some details. I used it during classes and then used a summary chart and then two awesome sets of digital flash cards I found on-line (free), one set bugs against clinical presentation, the other had bugs versus treatment. I would suggest learning the basics and then using flash cards to boast visual recall. That worked very well for me on boards.

Hi, I agree with the above on micro made ridiculously easy, it was an easy read and had some images that were silly enough to help you remember some details. I used it during classes and then used a summary chart and then two awesome sets of digital flash cards I found on-line (free), one set bugs against clinical presentation, the other had bugs versus treatment. I would suggest learning the basics and then using flash cards to boast visual recall. That worked very well for me on boards.

Can you give us the link? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Here's the link for the micro/pharm flash cards, http://hmarlo.com/boardsandbeyond/micro.html

You can find some okay study guides there too, and some for pharm and pathology as well off the home page. I really liked the path flash cards too, they were broken down by system, found them really helpful for recall, and was a nice change when you just can't make yourself open up a book

Hi,
Here's the link for the micro/pharm flash cards, http://hmarlo.com/boardsandbeyond/micro.html

You can find some okay study guides there too, and some for pharm and pathology as well off the home page. I really liked the path flash cards too, they were broken down by system, found them really helpful for recall, and was a nice change when you just can't make yourself open up a book

are the path cards on that site too? i couldn't find it.

Hi,

are the path cards on that site too? i couldn't find it.