microbiology class w/lab requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turdbulance

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I complete this pre-requisite at a 2-year community college or must it be completed at a 4-year university for it to be recognized at a top pharmacy school?
 
Can I complete this pre-requisite at a 2-year community college or must it be completed at a 4-year university for it to be recognized at a top pharmacy school?

I am satisfying my CoP of choice's pre-requisite Microbio class at a CC... and I think many others have too.

I mean, UCSF accepts it right? And they're numero uno, that's about as "top" as you can get.
 
If you have been attending a CC and you take it at the CC it should be fine.

If you have a BS or BA degree or not attending a 4 year anymore or are just finishing some prerequisites, it should be fine.

However, if you are currently enrolled in a 4 year and take micro at a CC it could be viewed as dodging a difficult class. If it's the only class you are considering taking at a CC I think it would be ok, but you don't want to take all of your sciences at a CC and still be enrolled in a 4 year because it looks like you are avoiding hard classes.

Do you have a reason to be taking it at a CC?
 
the mulya is correct.

I took microbio w/ lab (5 units) at a cc while I was taking 13 units at my undergrad. I was not a bio major , so I had no choice but to do so. I was never asked about it nor do I think it affected my application. If I were to take every single science course while I was enrolled in my undergrad, I believe that would have worked against me.