microbiology class w/lab requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turdbulance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I complete this pre-requisite at a 2-year community college or must it be completed at a 4-year university for it to be recognized at a top pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I complete this pre-requisite at a 2-year community college or must it be completed at a 4-year university for it to be recognized at a top pharmacy school?

I am satisfying my CoP of choice's pre-requisite Microbio class at a CC... and I think many others have too.

I mean, UCSF accepts it right? And they're numero uno, that's about as "top" as you can get.

If you have been attending a CC and you take it at the CC it should be fine.

If you have a BS or BA degree or not attending a 4 year anymore or are just finishing some prerequisites, it should be fine.

However, if you are currently enrolled in a 4 year and take micro at a CC it could be viewed as dodging a difficult class. If it's the only class you are considering taking at a CC I think it would be ok, but you don't want to take all of your sciences at a CC and still be enrolled in a 4 year because it looks like you are avoiding hard classes.

Do you have a reason to be taking it at a CC?

the mulya is correct.

I took microbio w/ lab (5 units) at a cc while I was taking 13 units at my undergrad. I was not a bio major , so I had no choice but to do so. I was never asked about it nor do I think it affected my application. If I were to take every single science course while I was enrolled in my undergrad, I believe that would have worked against me.