Microbiology CLass

Started by Parked
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Parked

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a junior and i've been planning to graduate this year at UCSD as a class 2010. Recently, our school's budget cut -___- canceled the bacteriology course i was planning to take for microbiology requirement this upcoming spring.

Problem: Should I stay in school the entire year just to take this class, or should I just take the Microbiology+lab at the local community college so I can focus more on PCAT and pharm experiences. I have a feeling that graduate schools won't like to see me take microbiology class outside of UCSD.

Please... can anyone who has a good idea on classes from community college answer me??
 
I'm a junior and i've been planning to graduate this year at UCSD as a class 2010. Recently, our school's budget cut -___- canceled the bacteriology course i was planning to take for microbiology requirement this upcoming spring.

Problem: Should I stay in school the entire year just to take this class, or should I just take the Microbiology+lab at the local community college so I can focus more on PCAT and pharm experiences. I have a feeling that graduate schools won't like to see me take microbiology class outside of UCSD.

Please... can anyone who has a good idea on classes from community college answer me??

Take it at the community college. I don't think one class is worth one years tuition. Save your money, it's just one class. There are many schools that do not care where you have taken your pre-reqs. Especially if its only microbiology.