Microbiology lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optopto2727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently enrolled in micro, can sometime tell me if lab is required for the majority of the schools?
Is there anyone that didn't take micro lab and still got accepted to a school that required lab?
I'm a little bit confused on whether to take lab or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I'm currently enrolled in micro, can sometime tell me if lab is required for the majority of the schools?
Is there anyone that didn't take micro lab and still got accepted to a school that required lab?
I'm a little bit confused on whether to take lab or not.

When in doubt, you should always talk to the schools directly. Don't rely on forums.

Members don't see this ad :)
When in doubt, you should always talk to the schools directly. Don't rely on forums.

This. Also, when in doubt, take it anyway. Labs are typically fairly simple and taking it later would be a pain.

Look up each school's prerequisites to see if they require it. So far most of them do. NECO doesn't. If you're planning on applying to a handful of schools, you should take micro lab . Otherwise you'd be limiting your school options because you don't have the lab.

I agree with everyone else. Definitely contact the schools to be 100% sure. I actually had the same experience. Microbiology lab was not a requirement for my major, so I was not obligated to take it for graduation purposes at my university, but when I contacted the schools that I was interested in they told me that they require it.

It all depends on the school.

Thank you guys, I did contact the schools and I am taking lab!