Microbiology or Bacteriology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi,

I emailed all the optometry schools that did not mention that bacterio could replace micro as a prereq. i was wondering if you guys knew of any schools that did not accept bacterio for micro?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of schools are flexible with that. For example, SUNY replaced the statistics requirement with my Computer Data & Analysis class. I sent them a proposal to replace the prerequisite, then I sent them the class syllabus, they analyzed it and approved my proposal. It is a very specific question and really the only way to know for sure is to wait for a response from the schools.

Hi,

I emailed all the optometry schools that did not mention that bacterio could replace micro as a prereq. i was wondering if you guys knew of any schools that did not accept bacterio for micro?

ICO is pretty specific about Microbiology requirement since they tried for a little bit to question my 5-credit microbiology course on 3xx level (Junior/sernior level) with lab from a big-10 university. The course was called "Introduction to Microorganisms" I got accepted and it was never a problem after the interview but I had to give them course description and make sure they know that lab was included (to me, a common sense should tell you upper level course of 5 credits is enough of microbiology but they still made it a potentail problem). So if you have a handful of schools that you are applying to I would make sure to ask the admission office the specific question.