Microbiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

habibah91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I'm going to start pre-pharmacy in the fall at Rutgers. I hope to get into their pharmacy school. I've been reading a lot on their website about the pre-requisities here:

http://pharm.rutgers.edu/files/C-to-C_NB.pdf

It doesn't mention there microbiology. I've been reading the PCAT section and there seems to be microbiology on the PCAT. The Rutgerse pre-requisites don't mention microbiology. I was just wondering what advise would you give? Also any pre pre-pharmacy advise is appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Take microbiology because you will have to take it in pharmacy. Since pcat has a few micro questions, i guess it is beneficial to take microbiogy too. I had micro last semester and it was not too hard not to take.

Microbiology is a fun class anyway, especially Pathogenic/Medical Microbiology (favorite class ever!)

Most of the microbio on the PCAT you should cover in your intro to bio class. Of course taking microbio can only help. So if you can fit it in take it, but if you can't don't stress about it.