microbiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaska82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the things we are supposed to learn in Microbiology as a Pathology resident?
Can anyone suggest me a book to follow.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What are the things we are supposed to learn in Microbiology as a Pathology resident?
Can anyone suggest me a book to follow.
Thanks

Get Koneman's diagnostic microbiology. Mostly for board exam purposes and occasional clinical reference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try and get a copy of the Osler board review micro lectures by Margie Morgan. I would listen to the lectures on the way to and from work, and then look at pictures and the power points. Helped tremendously!!!

Try and get a copy of the Osler board review micro lectures by Margie Morgan. I would listen to the lectures on the way to and from work, and then look at pictures and the power points. Helped tremendously!!!

Agree. Fantastic lectures. I think I opened Koneman once or twice right before boards, and then only briefly. Everyone says it is a great book, but I did alright without it (then again, I am not planning on doing much micro in my career).