MicroscopeNet Loupes??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kennypowers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 1st year. I'm hesitant about spending serious cash on loupes. I came across these: http://www.microscopenet.com/loupes-headlights-c-63.html.

I'm attracted to the price point, but I don't want buy a pair that won't last at least my D-school years (or screw with my eyes.)

Any experience with MicroscopeNet or any other cheap loupe brands?

Members don't see this ad.

Look cheap!
A few of my classmates got the cheap kind and after a year, they were buying new loupes. This time though they were buying orascoptic or design for vision!
Don't try to save money because you won't. A good pair of loupes will last a lifetime!

Look cheap!
A few of my classmates got the cheap kind and after a year, they were buying new loupes. This time though they were buying orascoptic or design for vision!
Don't try to save money because you won't. A good pair of loupes will last a lifetime!
Exactly. They are cheap for a reason. Good glass is not cheap. Many folks think they are saving money because they get the cheaper price, but they fail to neglect they will be upgrading soon. It was some ebay generic brand, but they have a yellow hue. When you buy loupes, go with the 3.5efx, too. Save yourself some money there by avoiding buying new loupes 4th year before you graduate.