Microsurgical instruments

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery' started by knickleforth, 09.22.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. knickleforth

knickleforth

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello everyone

I'm in a plastics/hand residency program where I currently spend time in a research lab. I would like to take the time to learn microsurgery technique during this time. Unfortunately we don't have a decent set of instruments and I cannot borrow one from the OR for obvious reasons. Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of microsurgical instruments for an affordable price?

thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. alamo4

alamo4 Dudeist 2+ Year Member

Islets of Langerhans (we have lovely beaches)
    Medical Student
  4. knickleforth

knickleforth

Resident [Any Field]
    @alamo4 While I appreciate the input - I really do - those are not microsurgical instruments. They may look like they are, but try grasping the needle of a 10/0 suture with these jaws and you'll see immediately what the problem is. Thank you anyways!

I have since managed to find a few good deals on eBay. But it's a bit of a gamble, since most sellers can't give you a closeup image of the jaws. One pair of forceps was badly bend and I was unable to fix it. You win some, you lose some...

About the ads