MID-IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdrizzleeee

Pre-Opt girl
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that the school will not be accredited til their first class graduates. Is this true? And is this something to be worried about? I am applying for Fall 2017

Members don't see this ad.

The accreditation of a new school is complete with their first graduating class. There is some risk in going to a school that is undergoing accreditation because if the school doesn't get accreditation your degree is essentially useless. But Midwestern has an accredited school in AZ that I'm sure IL will use as a template.

I had my interview at MWU-IL last week and it seems like they're very organized and prepared for their incoming class. In terms of accreditation, the dean said that they're well above the average of other schools at this stage. She also personally helped their school in AZ become accredited and moved to IL to help guide them through the process. I wouldn't let the accreditation status discourage you from applying here. If you do interview here, I'm positive you'll be impressed by their clinics and facilities and at how well-prepared they are. :)