middle/high school

Started by pharmT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmT

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I include volunteer work, tutor clubs, student council, honor society and awards such as the american legion award from middle school and high school in my pharmacy applications? I know outdated...but due to family illnesses and working full-time to help support family, my college career does not have much ec's to include...🙁
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um ... probably not? Someone asked the same question on another site http://www.pharmacyschooladmissions.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64

Partial quote ...

I wouldn't list activities you completed while you were a high school student unless they somehow directly related to pharmacy or health care (ie, candy striping at a hospital).

If you volunteered in a pharmacy, homeless shelter, or at a nursing home for 4 years, I would list it. If you volunteer work was for something that has no relationship to your pharmacy application or anything you reference in your statement or supplementals, there wouldn't be much reason to list it.
 
Her name was Reba... served me well.

Reba! :laugh: Is there any significance to that name?


But to answer the question... I would definitely not mention high school activities unless the college specifically asks. University of Florida asks that you mention all community service from the past 5 years so in that case I would do what they say, otherwise leave it to college years only.
 
Reba! :laugh: Is there any significance to that name?

Maybe reminded him of Reba McEntire :laugh:

But to answer the question... I would definitely not mention high school activities unless the college specifically asks. University of Florida asks that you mention all community service from the past 5 years so in that case I would do what they say, otherwise leave it to college years only.

👍
 
That's what I was thinking!

Wow have you ever noticed how badly we hijack threads outside of 'off topic'?

😆 yeah. We could make a group on here called "The Epic Thread Hijackers" or something like that. We could include that group of people in the off-topic thread.