Middle Name on ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Colin86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I left the middle name field on my registration blank, since it was marked as optional. My California Driver's licence has my first, middle, and last name. Will the lack of middle name on my registration cause my ID to be rejected at the test center?

Has anyone ever had their ID rejected? I'm so afraid of this happening! My ID also has some major creases from being in my pocket and my hair was previously buzzed down but now is longer which makes me look a lot different. Now that I've mastered all the material and my exam is three days away I'm starting to panic that something could go wrong. Please tell me the proctors are not total Nazis about ID perfection.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't include my middle name and everything was fine. But I was also hitting on the ID checker though. You shouldn't have a problem.

As long as your first name and last name match EXACTLY, the middle name doesn't matter. I didn't use my middle name either and got worried after reading some posts here. I called the AAMC and they said they don't care about your middle name as long as the rest matches (e.g. don't use Tom if your ID says Thomas). On the test day no one said anything either.

OMG I'm taking the test this Friday and just noticed I left my middle name out when I registered but it's on my ID. I just had a panic attack then found this post. Phew! Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing, and am freaking out! :scared:

Has anyone ever had trouble because they left their middle name out?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I have to get something changed, correct me if I'm wrong:

I have a family name, which is also my dad's first name, brother's first name etc. and we all are go by our middle name. For my school records and my license, the family name (my legal first name), was left out using only my middle and last name. BUT on my passport, which will be my second form of ID, has all three names on it.

I turn 21 before I take the MCAT, so I'm assuming I should get the new license to match the passport? Would this mean I have to legally change my name at my current institution in order for everything to match up when I start applying?

Thanks!