Midwest Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dptmechanic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I see more and more regional threads starting up for schools (NOVA, Florida schools, Texas). I want to start one up for us northern applicants (Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois etc) please feel free to post on experiences related to any of these Midwest/northern schools!! Good luck to you, these schools are super competitive

Members don't see this ad.

University: Western Illinois University
Major: Kinesiology (Exercise Science)
Overall GPA: 3.83 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.84 (PTCAS)
GRE: 144V 149Q 3.5AW :(
Observation Hours: 100 inpatient/outpatient

Extra-Curric: D-1 Track and Field/ Cross Country, Student Government Association, Student Tenant Union, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Personal Trainer

Volunteer: Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer Jr. High Cross Country Coach, Elementary School Recess Advisor, Shaymus Relays (Cancer benefit track meet)

Iowa Resident

Applied: Midwestern (Downers Grove), University of Iowa, Des Moines U, Wisconsin-Maddison

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

Not the strongest App, hopefully I got a chance! Has anyone heard anything from these schools?

University: Valley City State University
Major: Health Science and Biology
Cum GPA: 3.85
Prereq GPA: 3.85
GRE: 153 Q, 148 V, 4 AW
Volunteer hours: 100 (pediatric, outpatient, Inpatient)
Extra Curricular: Basketball And Softball, Viking Ambassadors, L2L mentor (help incoming freshman), Pre professional club

Applied: Mayo Clinic, University of North Dakota, University of South Dakota, University of Mary, St. Catherine's, St. Scholastica, University of Nebraska Medical Center, MGH Institute of Health Professionals

Interviews: Mayo Clinic
Rejected: NA
Wait listed: Mayo Clinic
Accepted: St. Catherine's

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi- Can I ask what your time frame was for Mayo-- when was your application mailed, when do you receive interview confirmation, when was your interview and when were you waitlisted?

Thanks and congrats on being accepted at St. Catherine's!

My application was mailed on 8/6, I had an interview offer on 8/9, my interview was on 9/6 and I was put on the waiting list on 10/2.

Thank you! I'm very excited!! Good luck to you!!

***Update*****
Major: Human Biology
Cum GPA: 3.20
Prereq GPA: 3.12
GRE: 147 Q, 155 V, 3.5 AW
Volunteer hours: 209 Inpatient/Outpatient/Pediatrics/Assisted Living/Sports Medicine
Extra Curricular: Therapy Dogs Incorporated, Veteran, Undergraduate Researcher, Chem Club, Lab Assistant, Internship,

Applied: St. Scholastica, St Catherine, Mayo, UW-LaCrosse, St Ambrose, Des Moines University Osteopathic Medicine Center, North Dakota, University of Mary, University of South Dakota, Creighton,
Interviews: Mayo 12/6, Creighton 11/1
Wait listed: NA
Accepted: NA

Add Creighton's interview date, one of my secondary schools but still excited!

My application was mailed on 8/6, I had an interview offer on 8/9, my interview was on 9/6 and I was put on the waiting list on 10/2.

Thank you! I'm very excited!! Good luck to you!!

My God! My interview isnt until December! Any specific reason why you got wait listed? Getting a sick feeling :eek: as mayo is my target, but on the bright side congratulations on St Kates!

They didn't say a specific reason, I thought my interview went fine. I just received an email saying I was put on the waiting list and my application would be reviewed at a later date. Thank you, I'm very excited about St. Kates

Is it too early yet to ask if you will attend St Kate's or wait for more schools? I am in the regular applicant pool for Kate's and I am anxiously waiting for them to start/finish

I plan on attending St Kate's! I'm sorry I'm a little confused, do you mind me asking what you mean by the regular applicant pool?

Oh I didn't get in early decision, so I got placed on hold until the regular review which starts I believe early December. Only decisions St Catherine's has sent out are E.D's. I'm surprised, from what I have seen, most applicants wait until they have heard back from other schools until they make a final decision which is why I asked.

UPDATE: Interview At Midwestern DG on Nov. 6th!!!

GRE: 144V 149Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curric: D-1 Track and Field/ Cross Country, Student Government Association, Student Tenant Union, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Personal Trainer

Volunteer: Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer Jr. High Cross Country Coach, Elementary School Recess Advisor, Shaymus Relays (Cancer benefit track meet)

Iowa Resident

Applied: Midwestern (Downers Grove), University of Iowa, Des Moines U, Wisconsin-Maddison

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Midwestern DG (Nov. 6)

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: Interview At Midwestern DG on Nov. 6th!!!

GRE: 144V 149Q 3.5AW

Iowa Resident

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Midwestern DG (Nov. 6)

Hey Msl108! I'll be at Midwestern's Interviews on the 6th too.. just got the email today!!

@JoJo11 Awesome! Good Luck! Ill see you there!

University: Aurora University
Major: Health Science. Minors: Bio, Chem, Physiology, Spanish
Overall GPA: 3.23 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15 (PTCAS)
GRE: 151V 149Q 4.1AW
Observation Hours: 103 inpatient/outpatient

Applied: UIC, U Indy, Indiana, Gov. St., Bradley, Bellarmine, U Miami, WKU, Duke, Clarke, Mo. St. SW Bapt., Belmont

Acceptances:

Rejections: Indiana, Belmont (Early)

Interviews: Belmont (Early)

Count me in for the Creighton interview! 1 November...I just got the notice tonight!

When did you guys submit your apps for Creighton??

I believe I submitted mine the second week of September.

Starssgirl what have you heard of Creighton? Also how are you prepping for next Friday?

Finally heard from South Dakota today they received my application and are reviewing it

Has anyone heard anything from UIC yet? Some of the schools I have applied to sent me emails indicating that my application was complete, but I haven't hear anything at all from UIC.

UIC generally sends early acceptances out in late November through December. I was early acceptance and it was mid-December. Regular acceptances run in January and subsequent months. Though that was 3 years ago, I doubt the application timeline has changed.

For those that applied to Midwestern and got an interview. How long ago did you send in your application before you got an interview invite. I sent in all my apps on sept. 6th. I have an interview with Rosalind on the 16th, but still haven't received an invite from Midwestern, UIC, or NIU. I'm getting worried I wont get an interview with these other schools.

UIC doesn't do interviews
I applied to Midwestern too (submitted 9/13) and got the interview invite on 10/14
I don't know about NIU

So, the interview for Concordia U is supposed to be November 16th... I haven't gotten a rejection or an interview offer... with it getting so close I'm worried about whether I'd be able to even make arrangements if they were to send me an interview invite. Does anyone know if they've already filled their class? Has anyone received invites to the Nov. 16th interview date? Thanks!

UPDATE!

Iowa Resident

Acceptances: Midwestern (Downers Grove) 11/12

Rejections:

Interviews: Midwestern (Downers Grove) 11/6, Des Moines University 1/17

I just got an acceptance call from Midwestern too yesterday!! (11/11) :)
congrats Msl108!

Congrats on the DMU interview! Still have not heard, must be at the bottom of the pool :)

For those that applied to Midwestern and got an interview. How long ago did you send in your application before you got an interview invite. I sent in all my apps on sept. 6th. I have an interview with Rosalind on the 16th, but still haven't received an invite from Midwestern, UIC, or NIU. I'm getting worried I wont get an interview with these other schools.

I sent my Midwestern application in July and had an interview Oct. 16th.
My guess is that if you heard from Rosalind you will probably hear from Midwestern. I heard from both of them a week apart.
UIC said late December we should hear something... No interview, just acceptance/waitlist/denial.
NIU's interview date was last Saturday (the 16th), and I believe that was the only interview day they were holding.

Has anyone heard anything from Bradley University?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything from Bradley University?
I received a phone call from Bradley on Wednesday that I've been accepted. I also was accepted to Rosalind Franklin, so now it's a matter of decisions. I'm not as familiar if anyone has any input between the two schools.

I received a phone call from Bradley on Wednesday that I've been accepted. I also was accepted to Rosalind Franklin, so now it's a matter of decisions. I'm not as familiar if anyone has any input between the two schools.
*not as familiar with Bradley*

University: Kansas State University
Major: Kinesiology
Cum GPA: 3.97
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 151 V, 158 Q, 4.0 AW
Observation: 70 hours inpatient, outpatient, and some home health
Extra Curricular: Vice president and treasurer of pre-physical therapy club, volunteer with New Student Services, Student Ambassador, lab practicum for A&P class, Personal Trainer, Staff for Summer camp

I also have a secondary major in Gerontology and a minor in Biology (everything overlapped really well without having to take a bunch of extra classes)

Applied: Regis, University of Colorado, Wichita State, University of Kansas, and University of Wisconsin - Madison
Interviews: Rockhurst (12/7)
Waitlisted: NA
Accepted: NA

>both programs are excellent, and both are heavy on research (Check out curriculum). if I was choosing I would decide on bradly based on smaller class size & slightly cheaper tuition. Congratulations on your acceptance
take a look at both Curriculum: http://www.bradley.edu/academic/departments/physicaltherapy/programs/dpt/curriculum.dot and
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Por...rogramme of Study_ NoContactHours_05-2013.pdf

>both programs are excellent, and both are heavy on research (Check out curriculum). if I was choosing I would decide on bradly based on smaller class size & slightly cheaper tuition. Congratulations on your acceptance
take a look at both Curriculum: http://www.bradley.edu/academic/departments/physicaltherapy/programs/dpt/curriculum.dot and
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Portals/3/Documents/Physical Therapy/DPT Programme of Study_ NoContactHours_05-2013.pdf
Thank you very much for your insight. It's much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your insight. It's much appreciated.
Don't mention it! I'm sure you will make the right decision at the end.. Keep us updated when you make a decision on which school still to attend & once a gain Congratulations on your acceptance !

Msl108! I'll be at Midwestern's Interviews on the 6th too.. just got the email today!!
b8em6w

If anyone else has heard from Bradley please post! I'm interested to see how many acceptances they have sent out. I haven't heard anything yet, but I have low stats so I'm going with no news is good news at this point...

Reactions: 1 user
UPDATE!

Iowa Resident

Acceptances: Midwestern (Downers Grove) 11/12

Rejections:

Interviews: Midwestern (Downers Grove) 11/6, Des Moines University 1/17

Hey! I have a DMU interview on the 17th as well! I'll probably see you there! :) Have you heard at all from Iowa? I haven't, but I'm not an Iowa resident...do you know their timeline at all as to when they'll get back to us?

Hey! I have a DMU interview on the 17th as well! I'll probably see you there! :) Have you heard at all from Iowa? I haven't, but I'm not an Iowa resident...do you know their timeline at all as to when they'll get back to us?

Hey! Congrats on the interview at DMU, I'll see you there!

As for Iowa, I am an Iowa resident and a regular admission applicant, not early admission (Didn't get material turned in on time). This statement is off of the Iowa Physical Therapy page, "Interviews are scheduled in November for early admission and in January for regular admission. Notification of acceptance is normally made by December 1 for early admission and by March 1 for regular admission." To answer your question, I have not heard anything yet from Iowa. It looks like we should be hearing something this month!

I have an interview at Governors State University this Friday the 6th. Is anyone else going to be there, and does anyone have any idea what their interview format is like?

Has anyone heard from Midwestern DG lately? I haven't heard anything since all of my application materials were turned in at the beginning of August.

How about St. Ambrose? I haven't heard anything from them in a while either!