Midwest Forensic Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andersonPBF

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

Long time lurker. I am a newly PGY3 resident in the Midwest and I have been interested in pursuing a forensic fellowship. As I start to plan, I realize I would like to stay in the Midwest (family, support system there). I was wondering if people had any opinions or feedback on how important it is to do a fellowship in the state you want to practice in (connections, understanding of state law) and if anyone had feedback on the following programs:

University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Medical College of Wisconsin
Northwestern University

I would say that I would like to ensure that I receive good training on detection of malingering and assessments of violence if that may vary between programs.

Thanks!
 
I've heard pretty positive feedback about all 4 of those programs over the past decade and know graduates from 2 of them. I'm so far removed from the forensic world to give you more specific feedback, but I don't think you'll be led astray from any of those.