Midwestern alternate list, how does it work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two people that I know from SDN said they got accepted today from alternate list in Midwestern University.

I just called an admission office in Midwestern and a lady told me that alternate list won't start to move until all the interviews are done in March.

I am on alternate list and I was wondering how their system works.

Members don't see this ad.

Two people that I know from SDN said they got accepted today from alternate list in Midwestern University.

I just called an admission office in Midwestern and a lady told me that alternate list won't start to move until all the interviews are done in March.

the alternate (waitlist) list is a non-ranked list that moves periodically and sporadicly. sometimes the adcoms get together and accept a few, sometimes they don't. i think there is something like 90 deposits down so far. there is about 4 days of interviews left as well. sometimes one of the adcoms remembers an interview, goes and looks at the interview notes and makes the call. because of this, i always reccommend that waitlists stay connected with the school.

Joonkimdds,

Shoot an email to your interviewer letting them know that you're still really interested and maybe ask a few questions more about the school...kind of a 2nd thank you note. By asking questions about the school it makes it look less like you're trying to get a decision out of them but that you're still serious about the school. I'm not sure who interviewed you but my interviewer and I exchanged several emails even after I was accepted.

So...maybe when they get your email it will lead to them reviewing your file if they weren't originally planning on doing so.

Just an idea...