Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Is anyone here currently on the Midwestern DMD alternate list?

And any accepted students planning on dropping??

Oracle DMD

Chuck NOracle DMD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
San Diego
Status
Dentist

DividedByZero

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Is anyone here currently on the Midwestern DMD alternate list?

And any accepted students planning on dropping??
Yup, currently on the waitlist. I'm in the masters program here at MWU and by my count there are about 5 of us on the waitlist for dental. Also, one other girl just gave up her spot cause she got into d-school in her home state. Good luck to all of us!

Jun 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
where are you going instead? congrats man. :thumbup:
Hey Oracle,
I'm going to Western.
It was just closer to home for me. Midwestern is really cool and I know it will be a great school in the future. Thanks for all your advice! Good luck in school!:thumbup:

Oracle DMD

Chuck NOracle DMD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
San Diego
Status
Dentist
Hey Oracle,
I'm going to Western.
It was just closer to home for me. Midwestern is really cool and I know it will be a great school in the future. Thanks for all your advice! Good luck in school!:thumbup:
word. dean k is an awesome guy and it sure is nice to have brand new stuff haha. totally understandable, good luck and i think you'll really enjoy your next 4 years. :thumbup:

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Yup, currently on the waitlist. I'm in the masters program here at MWU and by my count there are about 5 of us on the waitlist for dental. Also, one other girl just gave up her spot cause she got into d-school in her home state. Good luck to all of us!
so you're in the MWU one yr masters program and still haven't been accepted yet?? what are your stats like? along with the the other 5 students?

DividedByZero

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
so you're in the MWU one yr masters program and still haven't been accepted yet?? what are your stats like? along with the the other 5 students?
Yes, I am in the one yr program and no I haven't been accepted yet.

It's really pointless to compare stats at this point in the game. Just try to relax as we're all pretty much in the same boat here.

I don't know the other students stats off the top of my head. And actually, I miscounted... there's 6 of us on the waitlist by my count to just give you a general idea (not sure about others who are in the program or even the two yr program).

I talked to admissions earlier and they said there are about 50 people on the waitlist this year and last year they took about 15 people from it. Since it's a new school, there's not much of a trend to follow.... small sample size and all that. Whether this adds to or relieves your anxiety, I don't know but those are the facts at this point. Just chill.

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
So I called today and they said there's about 35 on the list..apparently its slowly moving. :xf: Anyone else dropping?

Tini

5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Status
Pre-Dental
34, I just called and dropped:)

MiamiDent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Anyone else thinking about dropping from the alternate list???

watt

5+ Year Member
May 30, 2009
Status
Dental Student
im gunna withdraw my acceptance this week. good luck guys!